The G on my guitar keeps slipping out of tune on my Jackson KV.. It has locking tremolo so it shouldn't go out of tune so easily right?
It seems that it goes out of tune more often than the other strings, is this common?

Thanks.
Quote by Brian 1.0
Don't listen to him, he likes rap.

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
kill yourself, that'll show 'em.
I should hope it is lol I paid a guy to set it up for me so it better be.. Ok thanks.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
it's the thickest of the non-wound string, so they go out of tune easy.

you need to give them a real good stretch and re-tune them like 10 times.

you aren't stretching the actual metal in the string you are just re-seating the wrap around the machine head, so maybe you suck at stringing?

you can maybe replace the nut, but isn't that a really expensive guitar?

anyway, look at locking tuners - sperzel trim-locks
SRV R.I.P.
I didn't string it the guy in the shop did cause I didn't know how to string a locked trem guitar..
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
When i saw g string problem, I had to check it out haha. But I was disappointed that it was a guitar g string:p
haha nice.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
Check that the lock on the nut/bridge is tight enough.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You could try using a set of strings that has a wound G string, I started using the D'Addario set and I've never had tuning problems with my G string since.