^ Fact of life, Gibson LPs are overpriced. Wouldn't stop me buying one if I had the cash
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Maybe it is, maybe not. Just make sure you play the actual guitar before you buy it. Just because you've tried another one doesn't mean this one is any good.
If you like the THIN neck then yes. But I personally wouldn't buy it unless I could get it with a thick neck.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
For the price you're paying, you can get a used Les Paul Custom...

Which is essentially what that guitar is trying to be.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
classics are frowned upon in the L.P community i think

im off for a custom next - save a bit more and DO IT!
Aways get a nice guitar. Amps, effects...etc...are somewhat disposible. But you will always keep your fav guitar!
Quote by damnedone
Aways get a nice guitar. Amps, effects...etc...are somewhat disposible. But you will always keep your fav guitar!

meh, I have the complete opposite opinion. I've had cheap guitars that sound killer thru a great amp, no guitar can make a crappy amp sound good.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
That's fine. But in the 30 plus years I have played, I have been through sh*tloads of amps, pedals etc. But only 5 guitars. I have had my Adamas for about 7 years and my Gibson Les Paul Custom for well over a decade.

I play and know my guitar. An amp is just an extension of what you do on your instrument. And I disagree..a great guitar and player will sound better through a crappy amp compared to the other way around. Unless, of course one uses so much distortion to cover the limited playing ability - I guess an amp could do that.

Quote by Erock503
meh, I have the complete opposite opinion. I've had cheap guitars that sound killer thru a great amp, no guitar can make a crappy amp sound good.
Buy an Epi and use the rest of your cash for a kickin amp. Mesa!
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Quote by damnedone
That's fine. But in the 30 plus years I have played, I have been through sh*tloads of amps, pedals etc. But only 5 guitars. I have had my Adamas for about 7 years and my Gibson Les Paul Custom for well over a decade.

I play and know my guitar. An amp is just an extension of what you do on your instrument. And I disagree..a great guitar and player will sound better through a crappy amp compared to the other way around. Unless, of course one uses so much distortion to cover the limited playing ability - I guess an amp could do that.

I don't know what you're trying to infer, but I made no mention of the player. A great player will sound good thru any rig, that's not the question. As long as the guitar plays well for the the particular player, the amp will make much more of a difference in their overall sound. I've seen it with my own gear, and watched it with other players. Granted, I don't have 30 years of playing I can boast about, but it's not hard to hear the difference between a crap amp and a good one.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
well, i already am getting the amp of my choice ( genz benz el diablo 100, itsa great amp) but idk about the les paul, been wanting a gibson les paul sense i started playing guitar, but i dont know which one to get, i dont want to spend more than 3 k on it and this guitar looks nice. i was going to get an sg becuase i love the 60s slim tapered neck, and this is the only les paul ive seen with one. any suggestions on les pauls ( no pickguard)
I would go with a Les Paul Standard. It looks/sounds great, has the 60's neck, and is cheaper.
DO NOT BUY ONLINE GIBSON!

Gibsons, for some strange reason, are TERRIBLY set up from the factory. They also have different feels for every guitar, so go to a guitar shop and play a bunch to see which sounds and feels the best. Just for the love of god don't buy one online.
+1 on the standard.
+1 on buying one used or at least picking a good one after playing a bunch of new ones.
I gotta say, Gibson seems to be coming around a bit this year. The 08 LPs I've played have been the best new batch I've seen for quality and consistency. Hopefully their QC is on the upswing.
Last edited by Roc8995 at Apr 20, 2008,
My guitar teacher has a Les Paul Classic which I've played on several occasions. I really love that guitar. Best guitar I've ever played. I've played an 80s Les Paul Custom once, which was nice, but the pickups wern't hot enough for my tastes. Then again I only played it once, so I didn't really get to form a good opinion on it.
Quote by colin617
I would go with a Les Paul Standard. It looks/sounds great, has the 60's neck, and is cheaper.

yea it has a 60's neck, but it isnt slim tapered, which i really like. but i guess ill have to play the custom classic before i buy, or keep lookin
Quote by MrGuitarGuy01
yea it has a 60's neck, but it isnt slim tapered, which i really like. but i guess ill have to play the custom classic before i buy, or keep lookin

Uh... The '60's neck is slim taper.

That's the neck they put on the Classic...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Uh... The '60's neck is slim taper.

That's the neck they put on the Classic...

well damn, i did not know that, *slaps self* i dont know i played a standard 60's neck les paul and a 61 reissue sg, the neck didnt feel the same, it could be the different guitar body but the les paul neck didnt seem as thick, but hell i could be wrong guess ill replay them. thanks for the info
Quote by MrGuitarGuy01
well damn, i did not know that, *slaps self* i dont know i played a standard 60's neck les paul and a 61 reissue sg, the neck didnt feel the same, it could be the different guitar body but the les paul neck didnt seem as thick, but hell i could be wrong guess ill replay them. thanks for the info

Well the SG I have has the '60's slim taper. I can safely say that the '60's neck on the Les Paul as well as the one on the '61 Reissue is one in the same.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster