Page 1 of 2
So this dude in my school is gonna buy himself a ESP Custom Shinigami with his dads money cus he likes how it looks. He hasn't even played one.

he's selling a Dean ML, an ESP KH-1, , his phone and a few other trinkets to show his dad he wants it. Now the total value of selling that sutff is a a couple thousand dollars because of the ESP KH1. The guitar he's getting is worth over $20,000. Brilliant.

Ah it gets better, he recently bought a $4k drum-set with a double bass. Now he thinks having a double bass pedal is cooler than a proper double bass, so he threw away one entire bass drum.

And the best part? Hes been playing a year. He can't play holiday by greenday properly yet he claims he can do Through the fire and flames. He doesn't play the drumset he has.

and lastly, before u guys say I'm jealous, I'm not. It's just he also once told me, "My dad is like my dog, i whistele and he'll get me anything I want'. It's pricks like these who I just feel like beating the crap out of.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Buy his guitar for cheap.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
i've got to say that is one badass looking guitar but he's an idiot for wanting to pay that much for it
Have:
Dean DOF w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Pickup Set
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50w Head
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
Yeah, buy the stuff as cheap as you can. He's just a BS-er.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by supersolus666
i've got to say that is one badass looking guitar but he's an idiot for wanting to pay that much for it

I actually found it quite ugly...i've never really liked the ML style shapes....(i know its a V, but the scythe makes it more ML in nature)
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
i hate people like that

on the plus side, he'll look like a total moron with that new guitar.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Awsome death god guitar.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Well, what a Grade-A dick.
And that guitar is actually quite hideous, if you ask me.

and yes, i also want to pummel the living crap out of people such as that guy.
Quote by kevin14u2nv
heck yeah its gonna be heavy its gonna be in Drop A tuning and the opening line of the CD will be like Worship god

and then the pope just does a freakin brutal breakdown
i hear where your coming from man, one of my mates started playing bass just before Christmas, started with a ESP starter pack, a few months pass and now hes on about getting a fender after about 4-5 months of playing......where compared to all my other mates who progressed onto fenders after atleast a few years playing and even then we bought them out of our own money compared to this kid that has free use of his mothers credit card, its really not fair at the end of the day just got to try to ignore it though
Whatever makes the dude happy, it's not like he's hurting you.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
That's a very good example that money don't make you happy because you will always want more. Even if he owned everything in the world he wouldn't be happy with it for long, soon he would want the whole universe and even more.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I love the look of that guitar.

Spoilt kids suck. I have to work hard to get lots of the stuff that I want. Then some snotnosed ****e comes along with their parents behind them...ugh.

Not that I'm bitter or anything

EDIT: I love the look, but for features...for 20k...looks a little barren, no? One humbucker pup, no tone knob...Wow. You'd think for the price you might get more than the artwork, too
kill him, steal guitar, then send it to me
Guitars:
- Epiphone LP goth
- Baltiomre Acoustic
- Baltimore Bass guitar

AMPs:
- Line6 Spider III 30W (For sale!)
- Johnson 15W
- Johnson 15W (bass)

Effects:
- Zoom G2.1U
- Digitech Hot Head
lol wow
i love having spoiled rich friends.
steal his stuff
buy the stuff you cant steal for dirty cheap.
simple.
just give me a fender and let me rip
he might impale himself on one of the many spikes protruding from that guitar...then you can steal it
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
I can't play holiday by Green day either

That guy is a cocky rich bastard. He'll always mooch off his parents, just ignore him, spoiled brats like that are everywhere.

My parents got me the traynor YCV50 that I have beside me, but I am gonna have to pay them back about 3/4 of it as it was my birthday gift, but still it was quite expensive. His cmment about his dad being his dog really pisses me off.
Last edited by sum_ugly_man at Apr 19, 2008,
I dont know about you guys but i was always happy with my gear. even when i had a squier. If you can truely play then your gear will sound decent, and thats that.
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
It's all an illusion. He thinks that having an expensive guitar will make people like him. Music isn't about the instrument. It's about the music.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by jesus2nd
i hear where your coming from man, one of my mates started playing bass just before Christmas, started with a ESP starter pack, a few months pass and now hes on about getting a fender after about 4-5 months of playing......where compared to all my other mates who progressed onto fenders after atleast a few years playing and even then we bought them out of our own money compared to this kid that has free use of his mothers credit card, its really not fair at the end of the day just got to try to ignore it though

*sniffle* yea....i got a deluxe fender american after 1 year of playing....my parents bought it for me.....so i guess i kinda fall into that category.

in my defense tho, i was actually asking for a much less expensive guitar, but my parents decided to upgrade for me...
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Last edited by bored_maniac33 at Apr 19, 2008,
Quote by ze monsta

Let him ****ing buy it.
It's gross!

Irony.

lol yea i saw that
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
If he buys it, then you can go home to him and play it! Think of playing such a ugly guitar...
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I don't have a problem with people who buy expensive gear but won't reap the benefits of it. They will eventually sell it for much less so the less fortunate people can buy it cheap.
It's also much more fun to buy stuff you worked hard for, makes you appreciate the value much more and you will treat it with care.
Also I really doubt the owners of that guitar will sell it to the next kid with rich parents. Usually these guitars stay in the hands of collectors who appreciate the value.
I would buy it if I had such money to spend, but I'd just hang it on the wall and occasionally play it for fun, but never use it live. I doubt it's even comfortable to play!
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
I don't have a problem with people who buy expensive gear but won't reap the benefits of it. They will eventually sell it for much less so the less fortunate people can buy it cheap.
It's also much more fun to buy stuff you worked hard for, makes you appreciate the value much more and you will treat it with care.
Also I really doubt the owners of that guitar will sell it to the next kid with rich parents. Usually these guitars stay in the hands of collectors who appreciate the value.
I would buy it if I had such money to spend, but I'd just hang it on the wall and occasionally play it for fun, but never use it live. I doubt it's even comfortable to play!

It's being commercially sold off. I think a couple were made. Otherwise he says hes just gonna get a duplicate made again.

I was gonna be nice and tell him about cheaper and really awesome luthiers like ornsby, blackmachines and all, but the kid doesnt deserve it.

oh well, he sucks upto my friends, so it just means we can go play on his stuff.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Does he play out of an MG? That be the only thing to make this story better.
Quote by Ventor
I doubt it's even comfortable to play!

Yeah I'm sure when ESP were designing it they had comfort in mind

Any ESP custom shop is bound to be awesome though so good for him. Go over to his house and play it like.. all the time.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
meet him in a back alley when he gets that shinigami... YOu know what to do *ominous head nod*
Quote by Ichimaru
Yeah I'm sure when ESP were designing it they had comfort in mind

Any ESP custom shop is bound to be awesome though so good for him. Go over to his house and play it like.. all the time.

These don't seem to be made with playability in mind, but with looks. I think those extra pointy sticks won't be very comfortable in your thigh or belly.
Reminds me of the EVH Frankenstein replica, which is almost unplayable
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
You refer to this guy as your "friend". Just stop dealing with him. Simple solution he comes around to brag about his stuff you just look at him like "your who now". People like that do it for the attention so just ignore him. And if he has an idiot dad who is willing to shell out that kind of cash for his kid not much you can do. Give it 10 years and dad will be trying to figure out how hes going to get the bum out of his house.
i think you should create some irony in the situation
and carefully manipulate him
so that when you whistle, he comes.
i have a 'white guitar'
Get hold of it, and SMASH IT!

Without him realising of course.
Then see what he does.

Then if he gets another. Smash that, then the next, then the next, eventually his dad won't trust him, or they'll go bankrupt.
Sorted.
Does he think that Having an expensive guitar like that will make him play like a god (petrucci) ?
1. buy his ESP cheap
2. sell ESP for more money than you bought it for
3. ????
4. profit
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by Punk_Ninja
. .what would that missing one be?
Buying for cheap, selling for high, goes straight to profit

ah, you forgot the wondrous world of taxes my friend! buying for cheap, selling for high, goes straight to profit for Uncle Sam, and then on to the loyal citizen
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
but you need to get a video of him playing it. i wonder how uncomfortable it would be.
i have a 'white guitar'
Page 1 of 2