I have a 1976 ibanez les paul and i was wondering how well a bigsby would go on there? i was also wondering if the bigsbly would increase the sustain a little bit. heres a picture of the guitar its going on:

and this is what bigsby i d put on there : http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bigsby-B7-Arch-Top-SolidBody-Bridge?sku=300207
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
i think that a bigsby would be great on it, but it IS a vintage guitar, so i wouldn't try to do an invasive mod like that.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
You can put a bigsby on a Les Paul.. Joe Perry has one on some of his.. I don't know about sustain
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
well, it wont do much for sustain, but it would work. and a word (or words) of advice: LOCKING TUNERS. bigsbys go out of tune faster than my crappy chinese epiphone
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
and i'd also recommend a roller bridge, they also help a lot with bigsby's
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
i would say the same, dont touch it. i dont think they make them any more and its a vintage so dnt destroy it
Tokai love rock les paul
Vintage V99 les paul
Squire Strat
Peavy Raptor
Ibanez sgt130 acoustic j200
Digitech EX-7 expression pedal
Behringer acoustic modeler
Orange crush 3
Vox AD30VT
Quote by mdlizard
i would say the same, dont touch it. i dont think they make them any more and its a vintage so dnt destroy it

yah thats what i was thinking too, i dont wanna put any holes or anything in it but if the bigbsby was really good then i was going to consider it.
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
Quote by mdlizard

+1

Ibanez LP copies from that era aren't really replaceable, I'd save the LP copy and do it on one of their newer Artist Series guitars.
RIP Terry Kath (1978)