has anyone watched any of tools videos?

Pretty freaky

btw, i know this chick that absolutely LOVES tool, but she won't really admit that its metal, because "they dont bark into the microphone"

so i told her "not all metal bands bark into the microphone, some meow"

whatever.
Check modern rock. A Tool thread is already in place.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
tool arent metal. i cant really put them into a genre, all i know is they are amazing

i would say that tool would be in no general genre
but i think that lyrics, tone of songs, and guitar works deffenantly point to metal

i consider them ambient metal
like isis, red sparrows, and cult of luna

just 10x heavier
Quote by Skrying

i would say that tool would be in no general genre

They belong to the genre of progressive rock.

Quote by Skrying
but i think that lyrics, tone of songs, and guitar works deffenantly point to metal

The guitar works have nothing to do with metal. Tone and lyrics aren't really characteristics that can point to metal due to the wide variety found within the genre.

Quote by Skrying
i consider them ambient metal
like isis, red sparrows, and cult of luna

just 10x heavier

Cult of Luna and Isis are way heavier than Tool. Red Sparrowes are post-rock, they don't sound metal at all.

Tool are one of my favorite bands, but they don't belong here.
Tool's pretty awesome, but they're more progressive alt. rock kinda. Rosetta Stoned has got to be one of my favorite tool songs.
Big thread on them in Mod Rock
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...