hey, i just finished learning the solo to back in black, and i was wondering, after playing for about 8 months, if im like, where i shood be in my playing level?like i dont no any reallly hard songs but i think im decent....... i play blues rock and classic rock, and i guess the hardest songs i can play wood be the live version of whole lotta rosie, walk this way, and same old song and dance( i made up solos for it cus i cant find tabs, i played it for people and they think its great)... do i suck?
meh
Who knows? Record some stuff so we can judge.
I plays guitars.
Quote by get ta led out!
i dunno how....is that bad?

Plug a mic or your amp into your computer, then record it with this freeware called Audacity. Then simply upload the file to your profile.
And as for Back In Black, I can't play the solo (Not that I've really ever bothered trying that hard) and I've been playing over a year and a half.

Although to be fair I can play some much harder solos :P
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
People learn at different rates. 8 months in, I was busting out some Metalli-riffs and some really speedy stuff.

I grew up and realized that fast =/= good and what not.

Nowadays, I focus on phrasing.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
People learn at different rates. 8 months in, I was busting out some Metalli-riffs and some really speedy stuff.

I grew up and realized that fast =/= good and what not.

Nowadays, I focus on phrasing.

+1, it's not a race, sooner you learn that the better. Everyone learns at different rates, and there is no point comparing yourself to other people's progression. I would have thrown my guitar out the window a long time ago, lol. Learn at a rate you're comfortable with, and have fun, don't worry about how fast other people are progressing. No harm in pushing yourself, but don't make it a race. There is always going to be someone that's better or faster, it's all about getting to the point where you can create music you love, and express yourself the way you want. The better you know your instrument, the easier it is to do that.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
im not trying to brag, i learned master of puppets my 2nd month playing (obviously not the solo) but the basic riffs, it mostly comes down to how often u play and how committed u are, just practice practice practice and ull improve like u wouldnt believe

hope i helped man, keep rocking on