Definately good stuff. Liked them for a while, Fools is an absolute tune.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

they appeal to the Animal Collective fan in me, but i have yet to pick the album up
They're on this compilation CD Newbury comics gave me today, I'll check them out eventually!

yea visitors is such a sick album

do any of you have tabs or chords for any of the songs?
I should probably listen to Visitors again. I enjoyed it, but I felt that some of the songs shouldn't be six minutes long. But when they're on, they're really on.
akron/family eh? i'll have to check them out then. i saw a flyer for one of their shows last time i went record shopping.
just found this album today. i've listened to the first half twice and so far it is pretty good stuff. it seems like it could either grow to be really great or go sour quick.
A four-step-guide on how to become Pitchfork darlings:

1. Be "experimental", but don't contribute with anything new.
2. Have a "cute singer", with an "adorable voice."
3. Be as quirky as possible. If something isn't quirky, it can only get a maximum score of 7,9. The only exception to that rule is for old "classics", which Pitchfork must give high scores to in order to keep their credibility with non-Pitchfork colleagues.
4. Write really annoying melodies.

There you got it folks.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
From where are the "quotations" coming? Reviews?

Good point.

It's certainly true, though. And The Dodos are a perfect example.

EDIT: Not that The Dodos are god awful or anything, they are an okay band I guess, but any band doing that kind of thing could get a score higher than 8 in a Pitchfork review and get unexplainably hyped. What I'm saying is that Pitchfork don't know a copy cat of their favourite genre/style when they see one, and The Dodos aren't that good.
Last edited by European Son at Sep 27, 2008,
i hadn't heard this band before this thread.
but on first listen i am very impressed.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Quote by European Son
The Dodos aren't that good.

No, They're pretty great.
Quote by European Son
Good point.

It's certainly true, though. And The Dodos are a perfect example.

EDIT: Not that The Dodos are god awful or anything, they are an okay band I guess, but any band doing that kind of thing could get a score higher than 8 in a Pitchfork review and get unexplainably hyped. What I'm saying is that Pitchfork don't know a copy cat of their favourite genre/style when they see one, and The Dodos aren't that good.

So... are you judging the band based on what their ratings would be in Pitchfork?

Also, your comments may be the most pretentious things that I have ever read.