Page 1 of 3
Well, as the thread title says, I just changed my mind. I thought abortion was okay to do, but after being dared to google it by a mate, I have changed my mind.

It was really shocking to see a baby like that. The way people see it is like is 'it's just a fetus, not a baby', yet when you see an abortion at 22 weeks, it IS a baby! It looks just like a very small baby, but it's dead...

I do find it okay that it's a personal desicion, but now I think it is just rather wrong. How can you kill something that could have grown up to be an amazing person. Okay, it could have been a bad person, but still!

Just had to get that out!

(P.S. I'm not gonna give any links, I don't wanna be banned )
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I seriously doubt most people get abortions at 22 weeks. They probably get them a lot earlier. I still wouldnt have a problem with it, if they have a reason to get an abortion, then it's probably because they wont be able to handle it, and a kid growing up in a bad environment is worse (to me) than not growing up.
i agree with ya mate, but i'd take it to the politics thread, or the religion threads, or i think there's an offical abortion thread
Go thump your bible elsewhere.
Dean Z-X Fund: $50 out of $200 (25%)

My Gear:
Guitar: Schecter C-1 Elite
Amp: B-52 ST-6012
Pedals/Other: BOSS Dynamic Wah, BOSS Metal Zone MT-2

Massive Failure
Quote by 20cdndollars
I seriously doubt most people get abortions at 22 weeks. They probably get them a lot earlier. I still wouldnt have a problem with it, if they have a reason to get an abortion, then it's probably because they wont be able to handle it, and a kid growing up in a bad environment is worse (to me) than not growing up.

yeah, I agree with you.
sup?
IMO out of all Social/Political topics this one is the most important. I hold the political view that a woman should have the right to an abortion but in my personal life I just cant picture myself supporting either my girlfriend or wife to have an abortion unless the baby or mother is sick. I'm a guy so its hard for me to understand what a young women is going through when she finds out shes pregnant but if I were the father I would do anything to persuade the woman to have the baby.
I'm pro-choice.

I agree with 20cdndollars.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Never let it get that far. Use protection.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by 20cdndollars

Well, I would give the child away via adoption. At least it gives him a chance at life.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by 20cdndollars
I seriously doubt most people get abortions at 22 weeks. They probably get them a lot earlier.
You're terribly misinformed.

And the "growing up in a bad environment" excuse is complete bullsh*t. That's why we have this thing called adoption.. and contraception so you don't put yourself in this situation in the first place.
I think it's illegial to get an abortion past the 2nd trimester, so that's about 7-8 weeks?

It won't be THAT fully developed that early.
Pro-choice. I dont need anymore children growing up in terrible conditions, then making my life difficult. Over population is a pretty big worry, the less children, the better.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
The max age for an abortion is twenty weeks.
I've always been a supporter of abortion, and always will because, unlike yourself, I research things before having an opinion on them.
But this dead horse has been flogged so much it's little more than a mush of decaying flesh and bones.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Agreed, people need to be more responsible with what they're doing... but until you're out and have lived in the real world you really can't understand the perspective of someone who might consider it.

I don't really agree with abortion, but I can see why someone would do it. Being pregnant has got to suck ass, children are expensive, adoptions are lots of red-tape, and giving birth stretches your puss and makes your boobs sag. All selfish reasons, yes, but that's a choice that they're allowed to make. Abortions need to be legal, regulated, safe... if they're illegal then there's the odd chance that it could hurt the mother, or worse, because there are no regulations, they might kill a nearly-born child.
Quote by whosamerica
i dont get how the options can be "pro life" or "pro choice" and anyone chooses pro choice.

Because they may not personally agree with it, but can understand why other people would.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Lil Macker
How can you kill something that could have grown up to be an amazing person. Okay, it could have been a bad person, but still!

Every time a guy jacks off tens of thousands of sperm die that could have fertilized eggs and grown up to be amazing people. Or bad people.

If all people are created equally, and thus all sperm are created equally, then abortion is simply equalizing the playing field for all sperm; if all of them can't fertilize eggs, then none of them can.
I think girls should only be allowed to get abortions if they're raped. If it's not rape, it's almost always their or their partners fault.
Quote by Lil Macker
Well, I would give the child away via adoption. At least it gives him a chance at life.

I'd say that's probably a lot of work. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I assume orphanages arent exactly the best places in the world.

Quote by suthy16
You're terribly misinformed.

And the "growing up in a bad environment" excuse is complete bullsh*t. That's why we have this thing called adoption.. and contraception so you don't put yourself in this situation in the first place.

Now, now, no need to get hostile. I'm not expert, but adoption isnt always a good thing, and contraception, well that not working/not being used might be why the child is being aborted.

But of course, I'm 14, so my Opinion isnt valid, right?
Personally, I am strongly anti-abortion in general purely because I believe that at the moment of conception it becomes alive seeing as both the sperm and ovary cells are living themselves.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by niflag
Every time a guy jacks off tens of thousands of sperm die that could have fertilized eggs and grown up to be amazing people. Or bad people.

If all people are created equally, and thus all sperm are created equally, then abortion is simply equalizing the playing field for all sperm; if all of them can't fertilize eggs, then none of them can.

ive thought of that too, but theres no way u can compare a cell to a living person.
good to hear, TS.

and lol @ when people try to say if abortion's wrong masturbating causes massacres. sperm are potential human beings. in the words of planned parenthood:

"one sperm plus one egg equals one baby."
the ABC's of birth control (1973)
#DTWD
Living things are made up of billions of cells. There is no way to compare them because they are one in the same.
22 weeks is a long ass time into pregnancy to get an abortion, that's almost third trimester (or is it third? i don't remember). at that point, you should really just have the kid and put it up for adoption.

I say if the kid's heart is beating, leave it where it is.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by IcePh0enix
I think girls should only be allowed to get abortions if they're raped. If it's not rape, it's almost always their or their partners fault.

They may have used a condom, it may not have worked, they arent 100%
hmm. i also always figured it was an ok thing to do as well, but have been undecided recently
Quote by oh noes!!
ive thought of that too, but theres no way u can compare a cell to a living person.

Why not? That's where you came from, that's where I came from, that's where every living being on this earth came from. We're just clumps of cells stacked together in an organized way.

And who is to say that a fetus is a living person? It might have a lot of characteristics of a living person... but if you take it out of the womb it wouldn't be able to survive.
Quote by 20cdndollars
I'd say that's probably a lot of work. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I assume orphanages arent exactly the best places in the world.

oy, i work at one in the UK. in the UK at least there is the problem of kids getting moved around alot but we work our hardest to give these kids all the best opportunities and childhoods we can. there is nothing wrong with being an orphan, these are still normal kids same as u. and there are so many people that want to adopt right now, its the beauracracy thats making it hard for people. i've heard stories of people waiting 3 years to adopt cause of how hard it is.
Quote by niflag

But, it's different when you jack off. They can't live without an egg, and all but one (most of the time) die inside the woman anyway. I'm talking about the actual baby, that CAN live.

I think the only time a baby can be aborted is when it has a severe disabilty. Not if they have downs syndrome, that's just a tad unfair.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Such lack of faith in humanity. A child is conceived, the mom may not be able to support it, so that predetermines the child's life? Who says a kid can't grow up under harsh circumstances into a healthy, happy person that contributes to society? There are many people that did just that.

I say that if you don't want a baby, don't have sex that will cause one. I am pro-choice, but I believe that the money thats put into supporting abortion should be put to better use, such as quality programs that encourage mothers to have their baby by giving them support that will make it easier for her and the child. But NOPE, we'd rather just prevent people from being born and skip the hassle.
We're only strays.
Quote by 20cdndollars
They may have used a condom, it may not have worked, they arent 100%

If they're going to have a physical relationship, the girl should be on birth control even if physical relationship doesn't necesarilly mean sex. If a guy is wearing a condom, pulls out before he comes, and the girl is on birth control there's about a 0.0000001% chance she'll get pregnant.
Quote by pratt121
Why not? That's where you came from, that's where I came from, that's where every living being on this earth came from. We're just clumps of cells stacked together in an organized way.

And who is to say that a fetus is a living person? It might have a lot of characteristics of a living person... but if you take it out of the womb it wouldn't be able to survive.

The thing is, it IS alive! If you play music, the baby will kick and they actually cry!

My science teacher said so!

And that video..
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
But, it's different when you jack off. They can't live without an egg, and all but one (most of the time) die inside the woman anyway. I'm talking about the actual baby, that CAN live.

I think the only time a baby can be aborted is when it has a severe disabilty. Not if they have downs syndrome, that's just a tad unfair.

What do you define as severe? Everything about abortion is down to personal choice and interpretation, unless you take a religious stance, which what makes it an issue that is never going to be resolved.

EDIT:
Quote by IcePh0enix
If they're going to have a physical relationship, the girl should be on birth control even if physical relationship doesn't necesarilly mean sex. If a guy is wearing a condom, pulls out before he comes, and the girl is on birth control there's about a 0.0000001% chance she'll get pregnant.

My cousin was on the coil, only it hadn't been inserted correctly. At sixteen she had a wee girl. Contraception isn't a viable argument against abortion; it can always go wrong through someone else's fault.

-Matthew Arnold

Last edited by Dinkydaisy at Apr 19, 2008,
Let's not underestimate the strain emotionally of abortion upon a mother.

PPDD, those hormones going all crazy and then suddenly stopped...

I mean, there are reasons to do it and not to do it and it's in a gray area morally. Legally, in my country, the government gives you the choice. I've always been a strong opponent of legislating morality... you should be able to smoke cigarettes if you want to, do drugs if you want to, drink if you want to.

That's your choice, and if you're not smart enough to weigh the decisions beforehand then you earn your consequence.
Page 1 of 3