Hi all
I am looking for a bit of advice and hope some of you good folks will help me . I have just taken up the guitar and have an orange crush 30 which is ok but I think there must be a better amp out their . I am after a amp for home use only 5 watts to 10 watts but I want to get the best tone I can , I have about £1000 or $2000 to spend ,so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

The other question I have and it may seam a bit of a dum question . What differance do you get from speaker size and number of speakes

Sam
bigger the speaker the more full-range and open it sounds, and more speakers sound more full and more evenly project the sound.
I think more speakers/bigger speakers give an amp a fuller sound with more headroom.
What kind of stuff are you going to be playing?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Teh
You may find this strange but I not sure what I will get into . I am a big fan of floyd stuff and i also like more romantic stuff. However I would say I would love to play blues.

So if I am right the bigger the speakers and more of them the better
thanks for the info so far it looks like the genarel feeling is that I need something like a 4* 12 cab . I Now need to look at what amp sounds the best .
If you care about tone, have a lot of money to spend, and are only looking for something for home use, I'd suggest the Laney Lionheart.

I see no reason for you to get a 4x12 at home. If you're unhappy with the single speaker, you can always get the extension cab. Quality speakers are important, but not as important as the amp driving them. And quantity of speakers should really be at the bottom of your priority list.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
If you care about tone, have a lot of money to spend, and are only looking for something for home use, I'd suggest the Laney Lionheart.

I see no reason for you to get a 4x12 at home. If you're unhappy with the single speaker, you can always get the extension cab. Quality speakers are important, but not as important as the amp driving them. And quantity of speakers should really be at the bottom of your priority list.

2x12 is the best comprimise between sound and portability and price imo.