I feel like I'm in a big guitar rut. I have not played nonstop like I normally do for about a month, and I'm not getting any better. And the worst part is, I have a talent show coming up in less than a month and I know I'm not prepared! Does anybody have any suggestions for me to get more joy out of playing guitar before I quit altogether?
try to work on some new songs that you like, or go into a different style
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I know it sounds impossible to do, but just try to relax, your stress for the show is probably causing tension in your muscles that affects your playing and/or learning.
Take a break from it.

Seriously, sometimes the answer when you feel stuck isn't more playing, but less. Guitar ability is kinda like a small child. If you see a child when it's an infant, and see it again 1 - 2 years later, it's amazing how much bigger then child is. However, if you live with the child and see it daily, you barely notice the growth.

Don't get frustrated, as long as you remember what you enjoy about the guitar and keep doing that, the skill will come.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by ptay92
I feel like I'm in a big guitar rut. I have not played nonstop like I normally do for about a month, and I'm not getting any better. And the worst part is, I have a talent show coming up in less than a month and I know I'm not prepared! Does anybody have any suggestions for me to get more joy out of playing guitar before I quit altogether?

Stop worrying too much about "getting better". Learning the guitar takes time, and the learning curve flatens out so the longer you've been playing the longer it takes for you to improve.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you need help.... just post your name number adress and bank info and I'll see what I can do. j/k. yeah that happens man. be open minded and look in to some diffrend but sumular genres from what you listen too.
play music that you like, and try to have fun with it. if you get frustrated, slow down, and try and relax
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards