Page 1 of 2
Alright, most people know the 1986 movie Crossroads and the head cutting guitar duel at the end. So the Karate Kid used Paganini's (sp?) 5th Caprice to beat Steve Vai, but I want to know what you guys would use. (It cannot be the 5th Caprice). I'd try to make it something in the style of Hendrix so Vai couldn't mimic it by ear right away. I wouldn't play something fast/shred because he could probably just hear it and play it, then I am screwed.
Be cool.
I choose you pikachu!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
smoke on the water: It worked last time *looks reminiscently past TS*
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I'd take out a Pokeball and choose Joe Walsh and Don Felder, then we would all 3 improvise and Vai wouldn't be able to follow as we did pickslides to switch off, and Vai of course doesn't have a voice box at the ready. He couldn't handle the funk either.
i'd use a tag team of tony iommi and zakk wylde
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Anything by the Dillinger Escape Plan.

I'd like to hear Vai play that by ear!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
The buckle end of my belt.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Habit Zero
I'd take out a Pokeball and choose Joe Walsh and Don Felder, then we would all 3 improvise and Vai wouldn't be able to follow as we did pickslides to switch off, and Vai of course doesn't have a voice box at the ready. He couldn't handle the funk either.

lol. im pretty sure he could handle the funk though,
Yngwie Malmsteen, Jason Becker, and Michael Angelo Batio (yeah, the guitar noob. Not the painter of the John Petrucci's guitar).
Now lets see him outplaying that!
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Sultans of swing.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by thedude051
The only guy who could stop him would be John Petrucci.

i even doubt that. maybe if john was having a good day and steve was having a horrible day.
Quote by thedude051
Alright, most people know the 1986 movie Crossroads and the head cutting guitar duel at the end. So the Karate Kid used Paganini's (sp?) 5th Caprice to beat Steve Vai, but I want to know what you guys would use. (It cannot be the 5th Caprice). I'd try to make it something in the style of Hendrix so Vai couldn't mimic it by ear right away. I wouldn't play something fast/shred because he could probably just hear it and play it, then I am screwed.

are you kidding me?

He'd have more difficulty copying something fast that wasn't just typical cliche shred licks repeated at high speed.

I'd pick some shawn lane.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by kriss08
id hit him in the nuts then run

wat are u, 14?
hit him again bit*h!!
i would bitchslap him with my cock
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
I'd pick Satch, and take a seat while the Master-Student battle rages.
15 actually nar id run or he wud suck me into his soul with his guitar playing powers
Some Babatunde Olatunji should keep his fingers still.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Quote by Lemoninfluence
are you kidding me?

He'd have more difficulty copying something fast that wasn't just typical cliche shred licks repeated at high speed.

He'd have a hard time copying the style of the Hendrix stuff. Not that I can copy it, but everyone has their own style. Shawn Lane would lose. I voted for JP.
Be cool.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
are you kidding me?

are you saying hendrix is a cliche shred player? i can understanding not liking hendrix but come on. he's a blues guitarist. he doens't shred. and he is deffinatley not cliche.
John Petrucci could not beat Vai in a battle. For starters, Vai is more melodic, has a lot more originality, and makes better use of the scales. This is coming from someone who doesn't like Vai at all.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Vin2254
are you saying hendrix is a cliche shred player? i can understanding not liking hendrix but come on. he's a blues guitarist. he doens't shred. and he is deffinatley not cliche.

no.

I was saying that he wouldn't be able to play something just because it was fast.

The only way he'd be able to play something fast would be if it were just a bunch of clichéd licks played at a high speed.

I'm sure he can figure out some bluesy stuff.

It's not like hendrix's stuff would be difficult for him though.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I'd use Andy McKee's slapacoustic skills to pwn Vai.

BTW, the thing the Karate Kid plays in the film is not Paganini. It's based on the 5th caprice, but it was actually recorded by Vai himself and is called "Eugene's trick bag"
The Devil Went Down to Gergorge, of course.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
I'd put a KFC bucket on my head and pwn him wih Buckethead's superior everything.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Page 1 of 2