hey everyone, here is another one of those burning questions.
Im pimpin out my guitar as some of you know, and i bought a seymour duncan distortion for the neck and ive been reading about EMGs and they sound freaking awesome. I wanted to get an EMG for the bridge but im pretty sure its impossible to have an active pickup and a passive one in the same guitar (if it is possible please tell me how) so im wondering, which is better, EMG or Seymour Duncan? i want to play fast, punk/metal music and some clean as well.
I'm hesitant on either a SD Distortion or an EMG having anything for cleans, but they'd be fine for what you're playing. There is a possible way of putting a passive and an active pick-up in the same guitar, but I'm unsure of the exact way of doing it. A tech would be the best person to ask seeing as you'd have to get somebody to do it for you for sure. I say black-outs before EMG's for the bridge though.
why in the world would you ever get a seymour duncan distortion for the neck if you want to play cleans
Don't think you're allowed to post 'VS' threads but whatever, IMO, EMG's are better. Never tried any of them, I just think EMG's are better.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
You can't mix active and passive pickups.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
You can't mix active and passive pickups.

Yes you can.
On the EMG company site, there is an FAQ regarding how to combine passive and actives. It's possible, but it's not a good idea.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by Sóul Pówer
Don't think you're allowed to post 'VS' threads but whatever, IMO, EMG's are better. Never tried any of them, I just think EMG's are better.

Yeah, real smart opinion.
You can mix active and passive pickups, but I don't reccomend it. If you want good clean tones and more variety, definitely go for SD's. If you are wiling to sacrifice your clean tones and get an absolutely amzing distorted sound, go for EMG 81/85's
thanks guys, im pretty sure im going to stick with SDs for this guitar because they are more versitle, ill throw some EMGs on another guitar. but for cleans, what kind of SD should i get for the bridge?
Quote by Sóul Pówer

true but we do it all the time and I really dont get why this shouldnt be allowed (feel free to explain, Im listening!)

there is a way to mix actives with passives. Im no expert. Use the search engine and Google.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard