Okay here is what happened.

Last night I had just gotten some new strings and I went to change out my old ones. The strings are Skinny Top Heavy Bottom string. The guitar I have is a B.C. Rich SOB Beast. What I was planning on doing was put it in BEDGBE tuning for Parabol/Parabola since I usually play Tool songs. So I put my stings in and tune it. I start jamming then when I hit the 14th fret on the D string it makes this stange noise. It sounds like when you push one of your E strings over the neck and strum.

I have a Tune-O-Matic bridge and the sound only comes on the D,G,B and high e strings. Not on my Low E and A strings.

So does anyone know hot to fix this? Or what's causing it?

P.S. I also ad to mess with the bridge I think it mught be that the bridge is uneven but I don't know.

A little help. Thanks.

~Matt
It's probably fret buzz
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
It also doesn't have any sustain what so ever it has than hit and it doesn't even last 2 seconds.
Does it have a floyd rose trem? If thats the case then its probably the detuning causing the floyd rose to sit too low, and therefore the strings are being muted on higher frets. If it looks like thats the case, the only way to fix it will be to take the back off the guitar and loosen then springs on the floyd rose. This should cause it to raise slightly and bring the strings clear of the higher frets
HTH
Hmm in that case I'm not really sure. It sounds like a typical case of the higher frets choking off lower notes, but I'm not sure how you would go about solving it. Try raising your action from the body side of the guitar.
I'm guessing your bridge is too low. You should take it to a guitar shop and see if they can even out the bridge and make it a little higher for you.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I'm guessing your bridge is too low. You should take it to a guitar shop and see if they can even out the bridge and make it a little higher for you.

I thought that the bridge might be too low. I'll try raising the bridge and see if that helps. Thanks.
I would try raising the bridge until your problem goes away. Hopefully, that'll fix it. Otherwise, take it to a shop and have them refile and crown the frets. Or just have them check it out.
Or possibly your truss rod may need adjusting... again, a guitar shop will sort that out for you (whatever you do DON'T try and adjust the truss by yourself unless you know what your doing :P)
Last edited by Crimson_tornado at Apr 19, 2008,
Check if it's hitting the pickups, that happened to me, and just raising the bridge a bit helped.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)