Does anyone have any recommended exercises for memorizing fret notes?
Theres this game on the internet called 'Fretboard Warrior' just download it and use it daily. It's free and it helps
My Equipment
ESP LTD EC-1000
Encore Strat
BB Blaster 10w
joe satriani method. pick a note. find it and play it in every possible place on the fretboard.

maybe if you know some theory try playing major/minor chords too, itll help you memorize
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by kelvov
Theres this game on the internet called 'Fretboard Warrior' just download it and use it daily. It's free and it helps

he wins with that one.
Just remember the notes on the inlays...that's much easier then memorising EVERY single note. For example, if you know the 5th fret of the A string is a D note then you'll know that the next note is D# and so on.
Quote by spark29
Does anyone have any recommended exercises for memorizing fret notes?

Weeeeeeeeeell, there's a much simpler way.
Everyone knows the alphabet, if you can remember the notes of each string, you add one halfstep per note. Like the A string, on the first fret it becomes a B flat or an A sharp.
There's two exceptions although, E goes straight to F and B to C.
Quote by Dendar
Weeeeeeeeeell, there's a much simpler way.
Everyone knows the alphabet, if you can remember the notes of each string, you add one halfstep per note. Like the A string, on the first fret it becomes a B flat or an A sharp.
There's two exceptions although, E goes straight to F and B to C.

that takes too long. fretboard warrior is much more entertaining.
I just started doing this too. Start like this: since you know E and F are always right next to each other, memorize where all the E's and F's are. When you get good at that, add the 'G' which is 2 frets above the F. Keep slowly adding.
i learned how to play piano first so i know what every note sounds like in different octaves so what i do is i remember the sound of each note on the fretboard and that keys in as such and such note and if im trying to think of where to play a riff, instead of thinking ok, i need to find G and A i just think of where the specific sound came from
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.