I'm just waiting for the 'Bear Grylls simply walks into mordor' picture to crop up.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Anyone see that thing where he tried to fly to the top of everest with that ****ing annoying posh ****?
Survivorman kicks the **** outta Bear Grylls.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Although people may label him "fake", I would like to see those people do the things that he does on his shows!
He is hardcore more so than Ray Mears. If you american than Bear Grylls came after Ray Mears and he is not as hardcore but probably more resourcesful. But pay tribute to Ray
Quote by David w
Although people may label him "fake", I would like to see those people do the things that he does on his shows!

ok.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MzxsqkxHDVQ
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Quote by AGNES_fan34
fake.

/thread

He's not fake, but the production team jazz up his programme - for instance, they added smoke and hot coals to the crater of a dead volcano, over which Bear walked.

I'm not really a fan, he's like a more fashionable Ray Mears - more like action man - when he's not as interesting or good at survival tips as Ray.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
at the start it does say that some situations are presented to him so that he can teach the survival skills
Quote by ShutDown785

Seen before.

Obviously he isn't going to be allowed to be deliberately put in life-threatening situations on the TV show (due to health + safety etc), but still, as entertainment goes, the show is great. Again, I would like to see you doubters do half of the things that he does!
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
He simply walks into Mordor ... hotel.
Awesome. Someone make a demote of that.
Quote by punkrocker10115
Survivorman kicks the **** outta Bear Grylls.

Plus one'd
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by David w
Seen before.

Obviously he isn't going to be allowed to be deliberately put in life-threatening situations on the TV show (due to health + safety etc), but still, as entertainment goes, the show is great. Again, I would like to see you doubters do half of the things that he does!

Still a good video.

What's the point, then? Since he's ex-SAS he should be able to go in actual life threatening situations; when lesser people have done so in their own time. It doesn't matter whether we can do it or not, it's just how he is advertised as a real life Action Man; like a mixture of Harry Houdini, Andy McNab and Superman; he's not the problem, it's the producers, really.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
True, he does seem to be "over-hyped" as some kind of super-hero action man... but the programmes are still entertaining.

Must admit though, Ray Mears' programmes always seem to be more interesting. He seems more down to earth and less "daring". -This might sound silly, but sometimes I think it is nice to see someone starting a fire from two pieces of wood, than someone drinking his own urine...lol..
Quote by David w
True, he does seem to be "over-hyped" as some kind of super-hero action man... but the programmes are still entertaining.

Must admit though, Ray Mears' programmes always seem to be more interesting. He seems more down to earth and less "daring". -This might sound silly, but sometimes I think it is nice to see someone starting a fire from two pieces of wood, than someone drinking his own urine...lol..

Ray Mears is a legend. That **** he was hanging about with in Wild Food was a doddering old arsehole though. But then Bear Grylls was hanging around with that foppish posh engineer guy in his latest special.
I love Man vs. Wild, it's one of my favorite shows on television.

I love nature and I love being around it, so the show is fascinating to me.

Survivorman is good, but not as entertaining as Man vs. Wild.

Les Stroud tends to just sit around and talk while he waits for someone to come pick him up.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by slashrules!!!
i like ray mears aswell but i think bear grylls is more interesting to watch, it's more exciting

More exciting, yes. But Ray Mears offers what I think is better, more interesting and more usable advice and survival techniques. His stuff doesn't daunt you, either; my twelve year old brother is able to accomplish his techniques; Bear just makes you feel rubbish.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Les Stroud is really boring...he just sits on his ass and waits to get picked up....Bear is a badass....

and he is british
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon