If anyone here own this guitar or know anything about them I want to hear about it, how do you think it compares to a "real" Standard? Quality control? How is the finish one them, are they very easy to dent or scratch?

The reason I'm asking is that I saw they had them for a little cheaper than the Esp Eclipse that I'm thinking of buying at my local music-store, I want to check all guitars that seem interesting for me so I don't buy the wrong one and regret it.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
They're the same except for the finish. Gibson's in general will scratch/dent easier because nitro isn't as durable as poly. The PU's are hotter though, I think.
Has a chambered body so its lighter. It does have hotter PUs though. I am an avid player/collector of older LPs mostly standards prehistorics and reissues, im not a big fan of newer gibson stuff.. and I played one at a local guitar shop and this thing played beautiful. I was quite impressed. The finish was pretty nice too. MOre of a satin look to it.
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Are you sure you're talking about a Standard Faded, or just a Faded? There's quite a difference.

If it's a Standard Faded, then basically it's exactly the same as the Standard, but the finish is a satin/matte finish. Simple as that. You can't really go wrong with it.

If it's a Faded (note the lack of the word 'Standard' there) then it's ****. That's even below the Studio model; the Faded is the second-lowest model Gibson have ever made (only the Vintage Mahogany is below it). Don't touch it even if your life depends on it.
Quote by bokuho
Are you sure you're talking about a Standard Faded, or just a Faded? There's quite a difference.

If it's a Standard Faded, then basically it's exactly the same as the Standard, but the finish is a satin/matte finish. Simple as that. You can't really go wrong with it.

If it's a Faded (note the lack of the word 'Standard' there) then it's ****. That's even below the Studio model; the Faded is the second-lowest model Gibson have ever made (only the Vintage Mahogany is below it). Don't touch it even if your life depends on it.

well... im talking about the Standard faded. The generic faded is horrible
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Quote by bokuho

I'm perfectly clear of that I mean the Standard Faded. I've touched the other Faded's though, terrible it was. I just wanted to know if the Standard Faded was bad too, a piece of **** like the other Gibson Faded-models.

You're good to go then. Standard Faded is a fine guitar.
Quote by The red Strat.

When I hear that, it's not a chance I will consider the Standard Faded again, not if there is any doubt to me that it may be a bad choice. So, thanks everybody, all help I can get is apreciated.

Quote by HomerSGR
When I hear that, it's not a chance I will consider the Standard Faded again, not if there is any doubt to me that it may be a bad choice. So, thanks everybody, all help I can get is apreciated.

what's really strange is that bokuho first says it's absolutely crap, and then he says it's a fine guitar
Quote by The red Strat.
what's really strange is that bokuho first says it's absolutely crap, and then he says it's a fine guitar

He was talking about the faded series, like the SG faded, the Les Paul special faded, etc.
NOT the standard faded.

Oh, by the way, there is a 99% chance that you WILL get a 2 piece body on a current production standard, standard faded, and classics. They stated that in '06. The Studio has always been a 2-3 piece construction.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
We have a pyramid with an all seeing eye, and a menacing eagle with arrows in it's talons.
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tubescreamer
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde