Page 1 of 3
Any basketball fans here?
Playoffs have started, first games are being played, some have already finished.
Your thoughts on who you thought wouldn't make the playoffs? Who should've?
Any predictions on Western champs? Eastern champs? NBA Finals champs?
And of course there are awards to hand out. Who do you think will be playoff MVP?

I was surprised Atlanta made it, I never thought they had the potential. Same goes for the Sixers. Also at the beginning of the season, I don't think anybody could have guessed Hornets would be 2nd seed, that was just amazing.

My predictions:

NBA Finals MVP: Kobe Bryant or Kevin Garnett.
Pistons
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Suns.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Lakers
Kobe was carrying the team at the beginning of the season but now they have the potential to win it.
Plus i live in LA. i have to support my team =]
Suns? I don't think they have much of a chance. Every year they're high seeds, every year they get beaten.

Meh, who knows.
The Suns will not beat SA in the first round. As much as I hate the Spurs, they are an excellent team. Plus I live in SoCal, so i gotta support the Lakers.

And the way things are going, the Sixers just might take that 2nd round spot from Detroit.
The Spurs will beat the Suns and then they'll beat the Hornets. Then it'll be close between the Spurs and the Lakers. I'm not entirely sure who's gonna win.

Edit: and the Raptors will most likely not beat Magic. Magic just won another game putting them ahead 3-1.
Quote by Karvid
The Spurs will beat the Suns and then they'll beat the Hornets. Then it'll be close between the Spurs and the Lakers. I'm not entirely sure who's gonna win.

Edit: and the Raptors will most likely not beat Magic. Magic just won another game putting them ahead 3-1.

Agreed on the Raptors/Magic thing.

I think if the Spurs are fatigued down the line come WCF time, the Lakers could take it in 6 or 7.

Especially if Bynum is healthy enough to contribute.
im rooting for dallas. **** chris paul, we shut him down last night.
Did i eat too many?
did I jump in too fast?
how long's this shit last?
Everyone take off ya mask, I lost my grasp

Like weeds?
i've been waiting for this thread haha.
Lakers are going to win. Celtics are overrated.

also, the suns are not going to advance. the hornets are not going to beat the spurs. the raptors won't advance, hell even the pistons might get knocked out 1st round

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
The Hawks beat the Celtics today...

Wow.

haha, yeah, that is pretty damn embarrassing.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I'm can't decide who will make it out in the West, but I predict either Lakers or Spurs. As far as the East goes I was expecting Celtics and Pistons, but it's possible 76ers will upset them (they are up 2-1 right now).
I remembered why I don't watch basketball- the Mavs always blow it in the playoffs
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
I'm a Lakers man. But they have been playing with outstanding teamwork. I haven't seen this much energy and passion since the 3-peat days.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
First off, did you all know that statistically speaking, the Jazz are most likely to reach the finals?

That being said, these were my predictions before the games even started.

Western Conference:

Jazz beat Houston
Lakers beat Denver
Spurs beat Suns
Hornets beat Mavs

Jazz beat Lakers
Spurs beat Hornets

Spurs beat Jazz

Eastern:

Boston beats Atlanta
Cavs beat Wizards
Detroit beats Phili
Orlando beats Toronto

Pistons win
Boston wins

Boston wins

Boston wins

Edit: Shoot, I'm calling it. Spurs win it all.

Manu is a freaking Argentinian Jordan.

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by schecter_guy
the celtics will win, but i'd like to see the hornets win too.

Lakers takin them out!!
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
haha, yeah, that is pretty damn embarrassing.

I try not to be rude, but shut your filthy mouth.

The Hawks have been building up for great success.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Dallas fan here. Lost at home against the Hornets... down 3-1... not looking to good If they are out, I'm hoping for the Lakers and Boston to make the finals. I think Boston will win it all this year.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Gassssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool...

The people on the news in Spain are going completely crazy over here and since he's in a big team it means much more coverage than when he was in Memphis.

ok my predictions:

[west]
first round: lakers beat nuggets ( even though nuggets are my favorite team)
Jazz beat Rockets
Spurs beat Suns
Hornets beat Mavs

second round: Lakers beat Jazz
Hornets beat Spurs

conference finals: Lakers beat Hornets

East:
first round: celtics beat hawks
cavaliers beat wizards
magic beat raptors
pistons beat sixers

second round: Cavaliers beat celtics (fixed)
pistons beat magic

conference finals: cavaliers beat pistons

FINALS: Cavaliers beat Lakers
(Lebron > Kobe haha)
im up for bets too (against the mods)
i'm willing to bet my virginity and a 30 day ban for a pass to get around my next ban
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Last edited by musicfreak003 at Apr 28, 2008,
Quote by musicfreak003
ok my predictions:

[west]
first round: lakers beat nuggets ( even though nuggets are my favorite team)
Jazz beat Rockets
Spurs beat Suns
Hornets beat Mavs

second round: Lakers beat Jazz
Hornets beat Spurs

conference finals: Lakers beat Hornets

East:
first round: celtics beat hawks
cavaliers beat wizards
magic beat raptors
pistons beat sixers

second round: Cavaliers beat wizards
pistons beat magic

conference finals: cavaliers beat pistons

FINALS: Cavaliers beat Lakers
(Lebron > Kobe haha)
im up for bets too (against the mods)
i'm willing to bet my virginity and a 30 day ban for a pass to get around my next ban

you have cavs vs wizards in the first and the second round... put boston instead of the wizards and the cavs are going down.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

Quote by Incesticide
im rooting for dallas. **** chris paul, we shut him down last night.

he got like 18 points and 8 assists.

i wouldnt call that shutting down, you only think that because he is averaging like 4389763409786 assists a game against dallas bahaha
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by sketchy z
he got like 18 points and 8 assists.

i wouldnt call that shutting down, you only think that because he is averaging like 4389763409786 assists a game against dallas bahaha

well... first game in dallas he was 4-18 shooting with 10 assists. second game in dallas was 16 points and 8 assists. That's half the games they played... which isn't MVP- like really. But I still know the Hornets are most likely going to win this series, even though I'd love dallas to proceed to the next round
- Scott Adams

Quote by octavarium78
Suns.

same
Member 2 of I Dont Masturbate Club....Pm X-boy To Join

Quote by shoolocomous
who is this 'soya boy' of which you speak?

Quote by lolcats
You're 15 and don't have a penis yet?

^

RIP GIG 1990-2008
Quote by Canne
well... first game in dallas he was 4-18 shooting with 10 assists. second game in dallas was 16 points and 8 assists. That's half the games they played... which isn't MVP- like really. But I still know the Hornets are most likely going to win this series, even though I'd love dallas to proceed to the next round

ya it sucks to come to that reality im a raps fan, **** you dwight howard! my bad man, the games in new orleans he lit **** up though didnt he?
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by sketchy z
ya it sucks to come to that reality im a raps fan, **** you dwight howard! my bad man, the games in new orleans he lit **** up though didnt he?

He did... and sadly enough I'm not expecting much less in the two games left in NO.
- Scott Adams

Quote by terrencemaddox
I try not to be rude, but shut your filthy mouth.

The Hawks have been building up for great success.

No, it IS embarassing. The Hawks are young and have tons of potential, but lack any playoff experience. Plus, a sub .500 team beating the team with the best record in the league is ridiculous.
Quote by Soul Power
I'm a Lakers man. But they have been playing with outstanding teamwork. I haven't seen this much energy and passion since the 3-peat days.

ahh gotta love Bryant, Fisher, Horry, O'Neil, and George
Wow, did the Hawks really win tonight?

^Yeah they did.

The Lakers are seriously looking like they're gonna go far. Real far. I'm talking all the way to the finals, IF they get past those damn Spurs.

As for the east...well it's pretty much predictable.

Celtics - 2 Hawks - 2. WOW!

Bibby's my man, he used to play for Vancouver
Last edited by Blackholesun00 at Apr 29, 2008,
Quote by Blackholesun00
^Yeah they did.

The Lakers are seriously looking like they're gonna go far. Real far. I'm talking all the way to the finals, IF they get past those damn Spurs.

Seriously, the Spurs are like wasps.

There was a US wide poll, and the Spurs were voted as the least fun to watch.

They're such an old team to. They've got guys who've been in the league for 11-14 years. Yet those old guys are still good.

And Manu is ridiculous.

Quote by Rubbersoul 065
Lakers Sweep!

Yep. I was originally thinking Denver would win game 3 or game four, but their lack of composure just destroyed them.

But the thing that I still find hilarious is that the top 2 seeds in the east are TIED with their SUB .500 opponents.
Lakers, pfft! It will be Spurs and Celts; with the Spurs obviously taking another title.
Pound for pound, I am the most vicious of all.
Page 1 of 3