Im wanting to put a BL500xl in the bridge. the guitar im putting it into is a B.C. Rich I.T. V. 2 hum 1 vol 1 tone and 3 way selector. i cant find a wiring diagrame anywhere thats not confusing. it come with the white and green soldered together. any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get it all done for my 13 yr old daughters birthday.
Quote by zasaor3
Im wanting to put a BL500xl in the bridge. the guitar im putting it into is a B.C. Rich I.T. V. 2 hum 1 vol 1 tone and 3 way selector. i cant find a wiring diagrame anywhere thats not confusing. it come with the white and green soldered together. any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get it all done for my 13 yr old daughters birthday.

Wiring diagrams are usually pretty simple... You should only need to solder two wires.

Did you buy the pickup from Bill Lawrence himself or did you get one of the pickups made by the Bill Lawrence company? I'm not sure if the color coding is different on them. Does it say "Bill Lawrence USA" on the top of the pickup?

What colors are the wires? The two that are soldered together are supposed to be that way.

EDIT: According to this, you need to solder the BLACK wire to the volume control or wherever everything is grounded to. This will be on the TOP of either the tone or the volume control, where there are a bunch of wires soldered on.

The RED wire will be wherever the current pickup is soldered to on the toggle switch.

The BARE wire will go to the same place as the black wire.
Last edited by ketiov at Apr 19, 2008,
Check out

http://www.seymourduncan.com/

They have wiring diagrams for pretty much every pickup/ pot/ switching combination.

Is this a pickup that you bought direct from Bill and Becky Lawrence, or from Bill Lawrence USA? The reason I ask is that there was a falling out between Bill and his business partner, and the partner took the brand name "Bill Lawrence USA" and started selling pickups under that flag, while Bill Lawrence himself (the guy) still makes them by hand with his wife, Becky.

Supposedly Bill and Becky's customer service is unparalleled; if you ask them I'm sure they'll explain it to you. Just make sure it is one of their pickups, and not one made by the business partner who stole Bill's name for his company!
Quote by JablesII

Supposedly Bill and Becky's customer service is unparalleled; if you ask them I'm sure they'll explain it to you. Just make sure it is one of their pickups, and not one made by the business partner who stole Bill's name for his company!

Check out my post above, I edited it after you posted. It is going to be the BLUSA version, as the red and green are soldered together on the Becky/Bill version that I have.
Quote by zasaor3
it is the usa on top of the pick up

Ok then. Do what I said in my first post.
Quote by JablesII

Read up on your stuff instead of just believing everything Willi Stitch crams down your gizzard. Nobody stole the company name. Willi (or "Billy Lorento", AKA "Bill Lawrence", as he calls himself now for some reason) fled the country, leaving behind a massive debt, which his former partner Jzchak Wajcman paid off, and hence he gained ownership of the Bill Lawrence company and trademark.

So Willi enters the country again, seeing that Bill Lawrence is still going, and he dicides to cash in, opening his own firm, legally registered as "Wilde USA", manufacturing his own take on the Bill Lawrence pickups.

I know many people here are seeking out the Bill Lawrence L500 pickups because of Dimebag Darrell, and so let me clear up some confusion here- Dime said at the Arlington clinic he put on (there are videos on YouTube) that he got all his L500s at StewMac. Willi and Becky claim that the Bill Lawrences sold by StewMac are fakes, which is a downright lie. Rather, they're Bill Lawrence USAs, which is... *drumroll* the original!!

In conclusion- Willi (Bill) and Becky are backstabbing liars, and I'd advise anyone against doing business with them, even though both companies' L500 pickups are fabulous.