I usually right out all my music in tabs before recording, but Guitar Pro is the buggiest most crash prone piece of software I have ever used.

So any good alternatives?
Quote by ixelion
Guitar Pro is the buggiest most crash prone piece of software I have ever used.

Try buying it instead of torrenting it then
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Guitar Pro > Power Tab
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I find powertab works pretty well if you just want to have the program "play" a tab... Or if you want to make one. Don't think it does much else than that, but I haven't had any problems with it. Plus, it's free!
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Try buying it instead of torrenting it then

I have no reason to believe that the full version is any less buggy, and I am not going to put down $60 on a program that crashes 4 times in a 3 hour session (yes I counted).

And no it's not my PC, the thing crashes on a fresh Windows installation and all the error messages are French, I have lost a lot of work to crashes despite frequent saving.

but i made a thread on another program thats great

Link

I just downloaded it and it seems to work very well I am actually kinda excited, but I will have to spend a session with it to test stability.
My GP works completely fine and has never crashed on me in the 3 years or so I've had it, don't know what's wrong with yours...

Tux guitar seems pretty cool but everytime I've downloaded it the sound doesn't work or anything
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Its what ever your doing I get that same french error thing every once in a while but its only with certain tabs gotten off the net. Mine never crashes making my own stuff etc.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Tux guitar seems pretty cool but everytime I've downloaded it the sound doesn't work or anything

Thats sucks, its a great program, mine works like a charm
I got GP off of Limewire. It's never done me wrong.

Check out Finale Notepad. There's a free version on the site.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Turn off RSE. It should get rid of those crashes.

Make sure you've got the latest sound card drivers too. I had a real problem with crashes until I updated mine.