Hi everyone, 1st time posting here :-)
Anyway, I picked up this particular guitar from Japan a few weeks ago for a decent price, but I couldn't find any specific info about it.

I was told that it was a horizon produced in 2002 and its an alder body. The rest is pretty obvious, ebony board 24f, neckthrough.......also interesting to note is that it came with a kahler trem. It has pearloid binding all the way around the neck, headstock, body and no logo on the front of the headstock. On the back of the headstock however, there is this strange logo and it says "Produced by ESP". So I was just wondering whether anyone here knows anything more about this guitar?

If its Japanese, Im gonna guess its an Edwards. Its pretty much the Japanese version of ESP's LTD series.
that guitar jsut screams QUALITY

i love esps i am jealous
Fallen Into the Abyss of indignity, Doubt Does Not exist Or Dome Into Being Ignominious and Pale
Quote by littlemurph7976
What Pickups are in there?

Neck has Seymour Duncan Hot Rail SHR1 + EMG-S
Bridge has EMG-89.

:-)

Yes, I believe it is a custom, due to the lack of esp logo on the front of the headstock, but I'm more interested to know a bit more about the logo on the back side.
its probably an edwards
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
The lack of a logo is VERY odd. Even Edwards have them. Also, is that an actual Kahler?
Quote by CJRocker
The lack of a logo is VERY odd. Even Edwards have them. Also, is that an actual Kahler?

I think so.
Damn, it's sexy. I think it's probably a custom.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
looks cool, but also a bit sketchy. Also, how can you get a Hot Rails an an SA into a neck pickup slot and have them work together? wouldn't you need to seperate volume knobs for the active and passive pickups?
Damn, that's a sweet guitar. It's probably a custom.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
I love ESPs, looks really nice whatever it is. My guess is its a custom.
Quote by CJRocker
What does it say on it?

Its a Kahler trem with stainless steel roller and possibily steel cam as well. Stamped "Kahler, made in the USA" or somthing like that on the bottom of the mounting bracket, so it's not the new hybrid. Decent condition, although the color on one side is a bit rubbed off due to usage.

I think I might email ESP japan or somthing and see if they are able to provide me with some answers.

looks cool, but also a bit sketchy. Also, how can you get a Hot Rails an an SA into a neck pickup slot and have them work together? wouldn't you need to seperate volume knobs for the active and passive pickups?

Not sure about that one, I've never used an active pickup in my life, so this is all new to me. There is a single volumn knob, a tone knob, a mini 3 way toggle switch and 2 other switch you can flip up and down??
Last edited by PhaseShiftDown at Apr 20, 2008,
Holy mother of god :| That's one hell of a sexy guitar :O give it to me
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by CJRocker
The lack of a logo is VERY odd. Even Edwards have them.

Actually, Edwards makes a few with no headstock logo. This year's lineup has some too: The E-RV-148, E-EX-125E, E-VP-90D and E-VP-105D/SL. They don't make non-artist Horizon-based models anymore, so if that is an Edwards, it must be older.

However, I don't know what sort of identification marks Edwards puts on the back of their headstocks. The least I'd expect is an ESP stamp (which that one has) and a serial number, which I don't see in any of the pictures... TS, is there a serial number somewhere?
Can't believe ESP japan replied to my enquiry.... LOL.. and in english!!
I used babelfish to translate my question to japanese..

Thank you for an inquiry.

A guitar of the images which had you send it is a shop original guitar made with the order of the musical instruments store to call Ikebe musical instrument.

Thanking you in advance.

ESP Webmaster

こんにちは、謝罪は、私の日本人よくない。私はこのギターについての情報を知りたいと思う。 私にそれについての情報を与えてもいいか。本当にありがとう

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/10GHZ/Custom1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/10GHZ/customhs.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/10GHZ/customlogo.jpg

Hi, apologies, my japanese is not good. I want to know some information about this guitar.
Can you give me some information about it? Thank you very much.

So I guess its a custom.
Last edited by PhaseShiftDown at Apr 21, 2008,
Nice dude. That is a great guitar. I'm jealous.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: