Hey guys, I have just received my order from dougstubes.. And I'm retubing my mesa, I have no idea how.

Could anyone explain to me how to do this? Do I have to unscrew the screws at the bottom of the tube?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Just grab the tube by the base, then gently tug on it until it pops out.

To install new tubes, line the pins on the tube up with the holes in the tube socket, then gently push it in until it won't go any further.

It's pretty intimidating at first, but don't worry.

Also, make sure your tubes are cool before you try to pull them. I've burnt myself pretty bad on hot power tubes before.

If in doubt, take it to a guitar store, and have somebody show you.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
It seems theres a little holder deal for it, not sure if it's standard on all amps but.. It might be the reason they're unmovable? Anyone know with Mesas?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by tr3nt
It seems theres a little holder deal for it, not sure if it's standard on all amps but.. It might be the reason they're unmovable? Anyone know with Mesas?

You're talking about preamp tubes. Those are just covers for them. To remove the cover, just twist it counter-clockwise, then pull it off. Then you can pull the tubes.

Changing Preamp Tubes

Installing Preamp Tubes

Installing Power Amp Tubes
Now it's 1984
I was talking about power tubes.

I watched the video it's the "Retainer Clip"

Oh, my bad.
Now it's 1984
yeah, do you unscrew them out?

Quote by tr3nt
yeah, do you unscrew them out?

Nope, you just pull em. Be sure not to twist your tubes when you pull them.
Now it's 1984
Quote by tr3nt

they're not removable but are bendable, at least thats what i've done. I'd bend them down a little bit, pull out the power tubes, then put the new ones and bend the little holder back up.
Hopefully that helps!

You can just take your fingers and press down on both sides of the clips with one hand and pull the tube out with the other.
got it, I can't get the preamp tube cover back on ..

How do i do that? ^