Hi guys, do you know that if you're U.K. perform your own material live in public PRS owe you money? pretty decent huh? I just found out the other day.

It's not actually a lot of money, 20 live performances is worth about £100, a guy on my HNC music business course told me about it:

www.yourroyalties.co.uk

Worth a shot at least, especially for people playing countless shows, you just need specific information on the time and place of each gig, and a core setlist of around 7 songs which are your own material or something.

It's sounds like free money, so i'm thinking about giving it a go myself.
Too much gain = Ears in pain
...Why?...

EDIT: Jesus Christ. I'm such a dumb guitarist. I read that as Paul Reed Smith, not Performing Rights Society. I was gonna say...a private guitar company doesn't owe anyone money...
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Last edited by Gunpowder at Apr 19, 2008,
Dont you have to register and play in a PRS liscensed place?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Mmmm.. there's always a catch. There's seems to be that they have some right to distribute your music :\
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
I thought so, but i think basicly... it's a kind of 3rd party deal I just got the link from the guy on wednesday I didn't ask too many questions.
Too much gain = Ears in pain
Quote by Nic Play Guitar
I thought so, but i think basicly... it's a kind of 3rd party deal I just got the link from the guy on wednesday I didn't ask too many questions.
It's usually a good idea to do that on financial matters.
Quote by Gunpowder
...Why?...

EDIT: Jesus Christ. I'm such a dumb guitarist. I read that as Paul Reed Smith, not Performing Rights Society. I was gonna say...a private guitar company doesn't owe anyone money...
Oh, seriously? That's what I thought, too.
I don't see why they'd owe you money?

Any venue which puts on music pays a license fee to the PRS? Why would they owe ME money?

EDIT: Aye, it's got nothing to do with the PRS...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Last edited by meh! at Apr 19, 2008,
Quote by Gunpowder
...Why?...

haha i thought that too!!!
Quote by Gunpowder
...Why?...

+ very big number.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
not sure about the UK system, but here in OZ it works like this.

You have to join the group (ours is called APRA, yours seems to be PRS) and register your songs with them. Then whenever your songs get played (on radio, by your band at a live venue, as covers by other bands) it gets registered with APRA who pay you a royalty from it.

It's a beautiful system, but requires you to keep good records. My guitarist pulled in several hundred last year. Bands like Jet make millions each year based on performance royalties. Worth researching, especially if you write songs and perform them live.
Resident Melbournian of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only.