Okay, before anyone posts, please read my post. I have decided that I'm going to save up for a good tube amp. I'm looking for a great amp that is under $1,000. If we have to go above that, then don't suggest anything over $1,500. I don't care what brand you suggest as long as it's a good amp. It can be a combo, head, or whatever.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Look into used Mesa/Boogie amplifiers. You can't go wrong with those.
Try out a laney. The GH100L is the amp I own. It has a Mesa/Boogie voicing without the price tag.
My Guitar
>Ibanez RG7620 (7 string)

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
... ah, the bliss of ignorience!
I would recommend a Vox if you wanted a clean or bluesy (is that even a word?) head.
Otherwise I would recommend like a Krank or a Joe Satriani Head.
Quote by evh1776
I would recommend a Vox if you wanted a clean or bluesy (is that even a word?) head.
Otherwise I would recommend like a Krank or a Joe Satriani Head.

I probably should have explained what kind of music I usually play, lol. I play anything from Blues to searing Metal, so the amp needs to be pretty versatile. I've heard great things about Mesa/Boogie and Krank.
mesa boogie f-30 or rectifier maby mark 4
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
I'd say a Laney VC30 would do well. Maybe throw in a distortion pedal.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Carvin v3 or a used 5150/6505 5150II/6050+
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
mesa boogie f-30 or rectifier maby mark 4

mark 4 is like 2500$, correct me if im wrong

i sed this in another thread of urs TS, krank rev jr. or sum sort of mesa in ur proce range
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Right now I'm looking at a Mesa Triple Rectifier Head on Ebay. I'm trying to watch certain one's, hoping that they won't go above $1,200. I don't play any big gigs, but the way things are going I might be in the near future, but I'm still not too sure if I should get something that loud.
Check out some Vox amps if you want versatility.
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.
Peavey Windsor combo or stack. Carvin also has a nice selection. I think they are reissuing the X-100B.
Quote by seizetheday1103
mark 4 is like 2500$, correct me if im wrong

i sed this in another thread of urs TS, krank rev jr. or sum sort of mesa in ur proce range

a Mark IV combos list price is $1890 I think. Or its $1980 something close to $2000.

Theres a few on Ebay for less than $1000 though.
Quote by 5150)Ed(5150
Try out a laney. The GH100L is the amp I own. It has a Mesa/Boogie voicing without the price tag.

As in recto or as in like the f series ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Don't get a Krank unless all you care about it playing Metal-Core tones all day.

Get a Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25 combo (the 12" speaker version - not the 10"). Great amp, nice features, great tone, can switch from 5 watts or 25 watts so you can play in the bedroom or blast the neighborhood, good clean with good crunch and distortion options. Best of all it's probably the best deal, price to features and sound wise, you can get depending on how hard you look. There's a barely used one going on eBay, right now, for $830 (though it might have the 10" speaker).
Last edited by Johnny Two Tone at Apr 20, 2008,
yeah i agree with jonny two tone, ive heard krank's are not versatile, but ive never played one. actually, a shop that deals krank (no pun intended) said they were bad, in a polite way. mesa/boogie definitely. the dual rectifier is probably the best, but the head is 1600, just a little more than your budget, but totally worth it. laney's are also very nice. or get a vht for a $4000 head! haha
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
I have a Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI which I like but maybe its not that good for you if you want to play metal stuff...