So, I tested out a 112 combo yesterday, I loved it. I need some advice though... in Australia, they're $995 (924.549 USD for lazy people). Yes, we get COMPLETELY ripped off, so I'm keeping an eye out second hand.

Does anyone have any pros and cons with this amp, and amps that are similar (fantastic cleans, fantastic high gain too) that are cheaper? No biased information please.

Cheers!
If you need both br00talz and cleans, VK's probably the way to go in that price range if you can't find a used Mesa or something. You're probably going to want some sort of pedal to boost it's OD though, it's a bit lacking.

Might also want to look at the Classic 30, but it's not voiced very well for anything above Iron Maiden- like gain levels.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If you need both br00talz and cleans, VK's probably the way to go in that price range if you can't find a used Mesa or something.

Mesa Boogies second hand - 3000+ AUD.
My budget = MAXIMUM $750 AUD probably, so I think a second-hand VK is my best bet. Aren't Classic 30's more aswell?

And Moe's right, Mesa Mark 4's and the like are $3000+ second hand in Australia.
Valve Kings are awesome IMO. The only real thing worth complaining about is a lack of a reverb switch, but that can be modded in/fixed with a reverb pedal easily. Definately get one if you get the chance.
Quote by BGSM
My budget = MAXIMUM $750 AUD probably, so I think a second-hand VK is my best bet. Aren't Classic 30's more aswell?

Last I checked here in Melbourne the Classic 30 heads run at 1200. Where as a valveking combo is 1200. New obviously.
Quote by yoyodunno
How much are triple xxx combos over there? Cause my triple xxx does the br00tal/cleans really well.

2+ grand I think?
Quote by Moe.
Mesa Boogies second hand - 3000+ AUD.

Jesus christ, they're only a bit more than the Valvekings in the US.
The head for the Triple XXX is $2750, so the combo would be around that.

Moe: I'd need to get a good cab aswell if I got the head, so I think I'd go for the VK. With a Classic 30 Combo, they're more expensive at my local music shop - about $1500.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Jesus christ, they're only a bit more than the Valvekings in the US.

Pros: Versatile, nails that JCM900 sound, good warranty
Cons: Lackluster speaker, be ready to use that warranty

The Classic 30 is much more Fender voiced compared the Valveking or it's JCM800 derived cousin the Windsor. The Classic 30 is built better, but it's much more like a Fender.
What is lacklustre about the speaker, why would I need the warranty for that?
Quote by BGSM
What is lacklustre about the speaker, why would I need the warranty for that?

EQ response to my ears is flat, and the bass response is so-so. You'll likely need the warranty as I've heard of more issues with these than any other amp, save maybe Bugera's and their exploding caps.
just out of curiosity, how much is a Roadking or a Dual Rec in australia?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
just out of curiosity, how much is a Roadking or a Dual Rec in australia?

A lot.
Dual rec solo 100 head, used - 3300.
Not sure about the roadking though.
oh dear... Although mesas are overpriced in sweden(4k for a new triple rec), those prices are worse.

1200 for a new VK. insanity
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Roadking 2x12 Combo = $8300
Roadking Head = $7800 (w/out Diamond plate).
VK combo 112 is $995 where I am, but it's still a complete rip off.
Quote by BGSM
Roadking 2x12 Combo = $8300
Roadking Head = $7800 (w/out Diamond plate).

Wouldn't it actually be cheaper to go to the US yourself, buy the amp, and bring it back with you? Airline tickets would be around $2000, I imagine, the amp wouldn't possibly be more than $3000.
Yes, it would be if I was buying a Mesa. I could buy it in the US and get it shipped down here, shipping would be about $3-500.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Wouldn't it actually be cheaper to go to the US yourself, buy the amp, and bring it back with you? Airline tickets would be around $2000, I imagine, the amp wouldn't possibly be more than $3000.

On top of that, you'd have to have a tech or somebody change out a lot of the components on the amplifier to bring it up to the Australian voltage current. With us being on 240volts in a house hold, and American's been on 120, it wouldn't be wise.
Yeah, I was thinking about that last night when I was considering importing it.
Quote by Moe.
On top of that, you'd have to have a tech or somebody change out a lot of the components on the amplifier to bring it up to the Australian voltage current. With us being on 240volts in a house hold, and American's been on 120, it wouldn't be wise.

Ah, forgot about that.

Why the hell would you live in such an inconvenient country?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Ah, forgot about that.

Why the hell would you live in such an inconvenient country?

Because we have hotter women and better beaches here.
Actually from owning a VK for around 5 months, i found that the gain channel is kinda weak. Not in the gain mind you but the tone and fullness. But thats my opinion on it. But a speaker change would be very good. Thou the cleans as said are good, no fender by any means, but good. If you buy it prepared to want to mod it to get the best out of it. Like speaker, tubes, and an od or eq for it. What about a randall rg50tc or a b-52? How much do those go for over there? Those both kill the VK imho.
Quote by yocomobebes
Actually from owning a VK for around 5 months, i found that the gain channel is kinda weak. Not in the gain mind you but the tone and fullness. But thats my opinion on it. But a speaker change would be very good. Thou the cleans as said are good, no fender by any means, but good. If you buy it prepared to want to mod it to get the best out of it. Like speaker, tubes, and an od or eq for it. What about a randall rg50tc or a b-52? How much do those go for over there? Those both kill the VK imho.

The B-52 goes for a **** load over here, but the RG50tc may be affordable. Actually, I think the rg50tc is around the valvekings price also.