Hi everyone, this is my first post so I'll quickly say Hi. I'm Drew and have been playin guitar for about 5 years now.. I'm mostly into jamming, and jam band music like Phish, Moe., The dead and all that good stuff.

Recently I've been trying to branch out and learn some harder stuff since my roommate and I are going to start playing together next year (when we have room for his drums) and he is really into harder stuff.

I've been trying to learn Coheed's song "welcome home" and cant seem to figure out how to get the right sound out of my Boss GT-6.

I have a horrible amp so I'm playing through very high quality headphones which make it sound AMAZING, but I cant get the sound right on.. Any suggestions for patch tweeks or anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help.

-Drew

P.S I'm playing a Fender strat (could it be that I dont have a humbucker?)
A strat even whitout a HB can handle metal pretty well.
I dont know alot about the gt-6 so ill wait for someone awnser :P
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
I gave the gt-6 a year and got rid of it. Just couldn't get a decent sound out of it. I was using a classic 50 at the time.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Could I ask what type of amp you have? There could be some adjustments you could do to it to maybe make it sound a bit better.

I have no idea how the GT-6 works, or how it's controls work, so I can't really help you there, =/

If you're trying for more distortion, you could try replacing your pickup(s) with a twin-coil pickup(s), like this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-JB-Jr-Pickup?sku=300500

Or if you want to be really extreme, you could have new pickup holes drilled and then put in humbuckers, but that's a big pricey all-in-all.
Do you like Bagpipes?

Good for you

Quote by postmortem2006
Perfect metal stereotype;

If you have long hair, apparently your music goes RAGHHHHHRAGHRARGHRARGHHHHHHH.

Last edited by strings.of.fury at Apr 19, 2008,
I mean specifically the scream sound even on the lower notes if that helps
I have the gt-8. I'm assuming there's some mic sims and cab sims on the gt-6. Put the output to line/phone and get some mic and cab sims going on. Tweak away!
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
I also forgot to mention http://bossgtcentral.com/forum/
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Thanks a ton for the responses. I appreciate the help. I'm getting a bit better scream and metal sound now, which makes the song sound pretty good.

Cheers

-Drew