Sweep picking does still pick nearly every note. It's just a different form of picking them.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
if he's sweeping he'd be doing legato with his left hand

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
____________________| 1 ______________| 2
E||---12p9----------------9-|------12p9----9--------|-12p9-----------11p7------|
B||----------------------------|--------------------------|------------------------------|
G||*-------13p9----9h13---|-13p9-----13---13p9-|-------13p9h11------11-*|
D||*--------------11---------|--------------------------|----------------------------*|
A||----------------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
E||----------------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|

rinse lather and repeat

edit: the lines came up kind of messy, but you get the point

_______________________________| 1 _______________________| 2
E||---12p9----------------9----|------12p9----9-----------|-12p9-----------11p7---------|
B||----------------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
G||*-------13p9------9h13------|-13p9-----13---13p9-------|-------13p9h11------11------*|
D||*--------------11-----------|--------------------------|----------------------------*|
A||----------------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
E||----------------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|

There it is, all nice and tidy, and it sounds excellent and is much easier! Thank you very kindly (though I must ask, did you tab it out by ear or you already knew it was string skipping of some sort?).

And thanks everyone else!
Last edited by Habit Zero at Apr 19, 2008,
nope not sweep picked

hes just picking out the notes really fast
with some hammers and pulls

sweeping has a sweeping motion
the hands would be moving up and down in a constant motion

but that is some awesome picking