Hi all.

I think I've developed a high fret on my guitar.

In one of my bands songs, I do some tapping, and I tap my index finger on the 13th and 14th frets on the high E string. However, recently, the 14 sounds different. The note sounds a lot higher, and buzzes when it's played.

The guitar is in tune, and it makes me think that I have a high fret?

Any help please?

Tom
Quote by ironman1478
does this happen one one string or more than one string?

Just the High E string
If you decide to file it, use the finest file possible and test it often. If you let someone else do it, you better hope they know what they're doing, because an entire fret job is pricey.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Take it to a professional - you don't want to be mucking around filing frets unless you really know what you're doing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Take it to a professional - you don't want to be mucking around filing frets unless you really know what you're doing.

ok, thanks

So theres definately something wrong?
if you have a plastic faced hammer.. you could attempt to tap it back in. otherwise go to the pros
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by 1Tom1
ok, thanks

So theres definately something wrong?

I've had high frets a few times - luthiers have a fret jig that fits over the fretboard to make sure they all end up the same height.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Kivarenn82 + Steven Seagull - Thanks for your help.

The place where I got it from (I wont mention names, because I don't want to get banned for advertising) said to me "Any problems, bring it back, and we'll fix it".

Do you think that offer would cover high frets?

Sorry about all the questions, but this is the first time that this kind of problem has happened to me

Tom
like the last place i went to, i had a high fret on the 4th.. they fixed the problem.. by adjusting the neck and raising the action.. :P

sure it wasn't buzzing anymore.. but they only worked around the problem. jerks..

perhaps you'll get lucky tho and they'll fix it proper!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I don't wanna raise my action to be honest.

Would they tap it back in or file it down?