Okay, Ignore my other post I'm far too anxious to wait for people to use that.

I just retubed my amp for the first time, by myself! Yay go me..

So I wanna try it, is there ANYTHING I need to do before I plug it in and play?? I've heard people say I need to bias it or something? Help quick, it's a Mesa Roadster. Thanks!
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
They will only need to be bias'd if they are different from the tubes which were in it before.

Otherwise, that's it I think
Yeah they are.. How do you do it?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

I have a bias switch on my amp.. hmm

did you get mesa tubes?

if you replace mesa tubes with mesa tubes in a mesa amp you dont need rebiasing I THINK

thaz why they make thier own tubes and thats why mesa owners buy them

however im no expert on biasing =/

good luck
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
did you get mesa tubes?

if you replace mesa tubes with mesa tubes in a mesa amp you dont need rebiasing I THINK

good luck

I don't think thats correct because Mesa owners never retube with Mesa tubes.

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
did you get mesa tubes?

good luck

I don't think that's right. However I think that replacing tubes with anything but Mesas voids the warranty or something.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by MrPillow
Answer my question mmmk?

Sorry..

V1 - Tung-Sol reissue 12AX7
V2 - Mullard reissue 12AX7
V3 - Penta Labs 12AX7
V4 - Penta Labs 12AX7
V5 - Shuguang 12AX7C9
V6 - Sovtek 12AX7LPS

Only the sovtek preamp i didn't put in because they didn't send it with my order, I'll get back to them so the Mesa 12ax7 is still in that slot. and for powertubes...

RUBY 6L6GCMSTR's

ah well i've been lied to

i dont think using non mesas would void the waranty, theyre not fender
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
ah well i've been lied to

i dont think using non mesas would void the waranty, theyre not fender

Well, they were.. Kinda..

1st, you dont bias preamp tubes
2nd They have a fixed bias, so you should be ok. Itll be either a 6l6 or el34, make sure its on the 6l6. You should be fine even if its not mesa power tubes. I'm not a 100 percent though.
Well It's warming up right now, I've noticed they glow a lot more then the old powertubes, is this meaning they have more life in them ?

Quote by tr3nt
Well It's warming up right now, I've noticed they glow a lot more then the old powertubes, is this meaning they have more life in them ?

They're probably just running hotter, the old tubes must've been biased fairly cold.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
WOW it sounds so much more powerful and clear but I looked at the tubes and two of my powertubes turn a slight bluish in the bottom when i strum, is this bad?

someone on HC said it's gas in the tubes and it's fine.. Is that correct?

Yup its fine. My tubes do that too when my amp is kinda cranked.
Awesome! Thanks