today i bought a new amp, i bought a "Crate VTX15" i love it! and i was wondering if there was any specieal procedure i am supposed to go through when "breaking in" a new amp. also i want some cool riffs to pump through it too. thanks dudes!
Congrats on your new purchase, its good that you like it (some people wont). For Solid State amps there isnt too much of a difference when it comes to breaking in. In terms of cool riffs, what kind? Like, Chugga Chugga metal riffs?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
Congrats on your new purchase, its good that you like it (some people wont). For Solid State amps there isnt too much of a difference when it comes to breaking in. In terms of cool riffs, what kind? Like, Chugga Chugga metal riffs?

well, thats what i play on my big amp, but i really want to get into more challenging stuff. idc what, but it can't be impossible. i'm not that great of a guitarist, but i please myself, thats all that matters, so it cant too hard. like i can play slayer, metallica, zep,and easy stuff like that. if that helps at all.
Quote by isawred
well, thats what i play on my big amp, but i really want to get into more challenging stuff. idc what, but it can't be impossible. i'm not that great of a guitarist, but i please myself, thats all that matters, so it cant too hard. like i can play slayer, metallica, zep,and easy stuff like that. if that helps at all.

Well just play the music you like through it, in the end thats all that really matters.

@ DanielQ

Breaking in an amp would probably refer to breaking in the speaker of the amp. It wouldnt make too much of a difference in his amp though.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted