i love the feel of the fender american standard strat. the new '08 models. my fingers felt so good on the fretboard it was so nice to play. unfortunetly im a punk rock fan and as ive heard (from people and from playing guitars) that single coils are no good for distortion. the sound i like is alkaline trio meets alexisonfire. so what would be the best pickup replacements i could get to fit the sound?
I use warmoth.com and i got a custom pickguard and a new humbucker for bridge and the others were single coil. I dont think theres antyhign wrong with em. Just get a tube amp and your friends will be jealous
Quote by Muphin
Maybe if the Jews were kind to Hitler the holocaust wouldn't have happened.

Hahaha
have you ever heard this little band called iron maiden? well they're metal and use a lot of distortion and guess what... the 3 guitar players use strats
Iron Maiden have either full size HB's or single coil sized HB's in their strats. end of discussion.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ahhh this is an easy problem to solve. just get a fat strat or but a seymour duncan hotrails in the single coil pickup place
Quote by cedaguol
have you ever heard this little band called iron maiden? well they're metal and use a lot of distortion and guess what...the 3 guitar players use strats

Custom Strats with humbuckers.

Last edited by Chorduroy at Apr 19, 2008,
get the blink 182 guitarist's sig, in not a big fan of the band but heres the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_DeLonge_Stratocaster
they were discontinued in 2003 but u can still find them on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tom-Delonge-Fender-Stratocaster-Seymour-Duncan-Invader_W0QQitemZ140224815732QQihZ004QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
Last edited by HoneyFUZZ_123 at Apr 20, 2008,
Try out an HSS Strat TS. If you like the feel and sound of a guitar then you shouldn't let other people's opinions affect your d fondness for an instrument.
there is HSS MIAs
i am sure
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400