im making tabs and lyrics for a song i have and i need help.

I'm on Vista and using Microsoft Office Word 2007, and I have blank tablature up, but i cannot find out how to insert numbers onto the blank tab in the way that it deletes one of the - automatically for me so i dont have to hit backspace first each time... any help? it would save me tons of time

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Quote by freedoms_stain
hit the "insert" or "Ins" button on your keyboard.
the one on the number pad isnt working and neither is the one on the print screen key, ithats the first thing i tried. is there any way to start doing that without using the keyboard?

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Double-click where it says OVR at the bottom of your window.
And I found that out by opening Word and asking the bloody paperclip. How long would that have taken you?
EDIT:
Someone turned off under advanced options the option "use insert key to control overtype" Turned it back on and now my ins key does said thing yay

finally... thanks guys i feel stupid though now

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Last edited by CryingAlone at Apr 19, 2008,
Worked for me on Word 2003. Takes microsoft 3 years to get things right. Don't worry, by 2010 you'll have a great word processing program.

edit: or not :p
Quote by freedoms_stain
Worked for me on Word 2003. Takes microsoft 3 years to get things right. Don't worry, by 2010 you'll have a great word processing program.

edit: or not :p

.....You didnot edit your post
you liar.
why the hell did you say that!?!
god hates liars