Im using logic 8 on my macbook. When i record to my computer under the input of USB it records it, but i cant hear any sound. In order to hear my recordings i must go under the preferences and change to internal microphone. This turns out to be a huge pain to change back every time i want to monitor my recordings. Does anyone know anyway to set this? It seems like a setting problem but i cant find anything.

'67 Gibson SG Standard
MXR Phase 90 | Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 | Vox V847A Wah-Wah
'65 Fender Bassman
This is very frusterating

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
Anyone? It works with garageband but i cant use my mixer and get audio with logic 8

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
wow is this section of the forum empty or something? lol

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
logic only has 1 input/output setting

basically, if your using a USB desk or something, you need to use the output on that

if your just using something like a stealth plug, or another simple usb input, you will just have to keep going into preferences and changing it

its a big problem with logic, I have the same problem with my USB desk, I have to use headphones from that, which isnt ideal cause the desk hisses alot on the output
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
would a firewire mixer have this same problem?

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
what is your setup? I use an M-audio FW410 which outputs are routed to two monitors. Is your default output/system output set to your audio interface?
I think he's trying to monitor through either the on board speakers or via speakers/headphones connected to the laptop. Have you tried connecting monitors or headphones to your interface ? Does that work ?
There is poetry in despair.
Im using an m-audio 50$ direct box with a 1/4 to usb adapter, so there are no outputs to monitor through my interface.

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman