Page 3 of 38
Damn, I just watched that Fresh Prince clip, I've never seen that episode before.

I lost.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
the ending to click, that chokes me up every time.. you probably have to watch the whole thing if you havent seen it to really understand, i didnt like that movie at first but that part changed my opinion completely
Great thread.

It's just too bad people try to be funny and clever and laugh at the sad stuff. Oh well, one day they'll realize.

I found this online a while back, I can't remember where, but it was a great picture and a quote to go with it.

"We succeeded in taking that picture [from deep space], and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam. The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us. It's been said that astronomy is a humbling, and I might add, a character-building experience. To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."
Attachments:
pbd_close.jpg
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by Bayonetwork
That's such a great movie. It really is a sad moment, though.

It's one of my favorite movies. That scene made the movie mean so much more than what it would have without it. Great movie.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
I cried when the dog died on I Am Legend

So did I.
I just watched it for the first time tonight, and I cried at that part.
Really depressing. I'll be sad for the rest of tonight probably.

ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
its strange. i can tell that these are sad, but i cant cry about them. i even made an effort to cry with the royal tannenbalms clip. whatever, i guess im just dead inside too. i cant remember the last time i cried.

one can live without emotions, right?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
its strange. i can tell that these are sad, but i cant cry about them. i even made an effort to cry with the royal tannenbalms clip. whatever, i guess im just dead inside too. i cant remember the last time i cried.

one can live without emotions, right?

I've beein living like that so, yeah.
To whoever posted the clip of Dead Poets Society, I must see that. Oh god, I've been looking everywhere but video shops around here don't seem to have it on DVD and I don't have a video player.
I want to watch the clip, but I also don't want to ruin the movie...
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
(to t3gan)
You. Must. See. It.

Have you tried watching it online?
"The poor didn't want this one."
Quote by t3gan
To whoever posted the clip of Dead Poets Society, I must see that. Oh god, I've been looking everywhere but video shops around here don't seem to have it on DVD and I don't have a video player.
its on watch-movies.net. i just checked. i dont want to post a link, for fear of getting banned, but its there.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by t3gan

DON'T watch the video then.
You can get it from bittorrent or emule. Watch it. It's beautiful.
I watched it for the first time when I was like 8 - 10 years old. I cried.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Apr 20, 2008,
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
It's one of my favorite movies. That scene made the movie mean so much more than what it would have without it. Great movie.

"I've had a rough year dad."

"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I Am Legend almost got me, last movie I cried during was Ladder 49, but that's only because my Dad was a fire fighter, and it all kinda hit close to home. Before that it was American History X. Ending made me feel hollow inside, haha.
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
i lost to the ugly one, its sad. I get emotional with anybad thing to do with animals

I even cried at the fresh prince of bel air vid, i never even watch the show.
Its a great thread tho

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
Last edited by HoneyFUZZ_123 at Apr 20, 2008,
@ Avedas

That didn't even invoke any feelings of sadness within me.

edit: the one with the dad reminded me of something...
Last edited by FireandFlames at Apr 20, 2008,
Quote by FireandFlames
@ Avedas

That didn't even invoke any feelings of sadness within me.

It was supposed to make you laugh...
Quote by FireandFlames
oh...

well, it didn't do that either.

Neither did I, but I found it amusing.
I'm not even going to lie, I've cried quite a bit.
The Composer got me along with a few other things. Good thread though.
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
None of these are really sad enough to cry or even tear up for.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I'm going to hell...I laughed at all those sad Cyanide and Happiness ones.
Quote by Avedas
Alright, for those fellow heartless ones:

This comic hit me pretty hard when I read it yesterday. Cause I look at it and it looks like me in 20 or so years.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Couldn't find the entire scene, but this part of "Cast Away" with Tom Hanks brought a tears to my eyes when I saw it in theaters. Its the only time I can remember that happening in a movie.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z23xEFmh1_U
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by estranged_g_n_r
Great thread.

It's just too bad people try to be funny and clever and laugh at the sad stuff. Oh well, one day they'll realize.

I found this online a while back, I can't remember where, but it was a great picture and a quote to go with it.

"We succeeded in taking that picture [from deep space], and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam. The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us. It's been said that astronomy is a humbling, and I might add, a character-building experience. To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."

Just look up a video called Indescribable. Yes, It is a Christian video but it is pretty amazing.
Jeez I've cried for at least 4 of these things.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
that fresh prince of bel-air episode that someone posted always gets to me, especially considering how much I can relate to it. So I lost.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
Not crying, but found the Ugly and the Animal Crossing one very sad.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Some of these are pretty sad, but I haven't cried. I only cry when I have a tantrum.

PS: That guy with the pillow in the OP is totally me.
finally made me cry. that my girl one, it just got me man i started crying, tears down my face. thank you so much ive been trying to cry for so long and havent been able to