Hey i've been playing for about a year and am currently lookin into buyin a new guitar. I'm into playing pretty heavy stuff but would like to have a guitar with a nice clean sound. I've been lookin at a Bich Mockingbird Special, but i don't know if i should throw down the money on it. Yes or no? If not what other guitar would you suggest?

Thanks
haha thats a little out of my price range, im thinking max 800. thats why i was thinking of going with the mockingbird.
First, give a price range. Since you gave none, I'll just say $500. Take a Fender Stratocaster or a Gibson SG. They have a distinct tone, and SG is a lot lighter, but play both.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
I would suggest an ESP or upper end LTD they are the best guitars for metal right now in my opinion. The quality control is really good and they play like butter!
Quote by asfastasdark
First, give a price range. Since you gave none, I'll just say $500. Take a Fender Stratocaster or a Gibson SG. They have a distinct tone, and SG is a lot lighter, but play both.

HAHA, that's quite funny.
1. In the post directly above this, he said 800.
2. There is no way in hell you are ever going to get a Gibson SG new for that price, it won't happen, the crappiest of their SG's (the faded series one) is between I believe 800 and 1100 new.
3. Unless he got a HSS strat and switched out the pickups, a strat probably isn't a good idea for really heavy stuff like TS stated he liked in his first post.
4. TS, for the money you are willing to spend, you can do much better than that particular BC Rich. Look towards Jackson, ESP/LDT (I think that's what the lower models are called, I forget), Ibanez and Schecter. From a personal standpoint, with limited experience with ESP. Jackson and Ibanez in that range, I'd recommend something like a Schecter C1 Classic. Go to a store and try out every guitar you can afford. You won't regret doing that
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
For $800 he may be able to find a used Gibby SG.

Topic Creator, do you want a tremelo? That changes your choices entirely.