Ive been playing now 1 1/2 - 2 years. So far im happy with my progress. I feel the i have a pretty decent vibrato on normal notes, but now ive found lots of the songs i wanna play using the bent note vibrato technique and no matter what i do its seems i cant get it to come out clean.

like for ex: the first note of "stairway to heaven" solo or "sweet child o'mine" solo. Is there anything anyone can suggest i do or maybe not be doing? I feel like i have to about sling the guitar up and down to get even close while i have a note bend lol.
Epiphone LP Standard
MartinDCX1E
Peavey Classic 30
Marshall Mg100DFX
Try wearing the guitar higher up so you don't have to reach down as much.

I dunno what to tell you, it's just something that comes with practice.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Thats sounds like a good idea because i must admit i do tend to keep my guitar low. Ive even got into a habit of letting it hang low while sitting down and playing instit of resting it on my leg like you would do an acoustic guitar.
Epiphone LP Standard
MartinDCX1E
Peavey Classic 30
Marshall Mg100DFX
Bend and shake the string with your whole hand instead of a couple of fingers (harder to perfect, but gives you more strength)
Maybe if you have a whammy bar, you could use that to get the pitch you want and then just do a vibrato like normal? I don't know if it'll work or not but it's worth a shot.
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
do what greg said or just use a whammy bar, but that is tricky because you might send it too out of pitch
It's just one of those things that you have to practice. That was a technique that I had trouble with too.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!