Anyone have a guitar with one of these? dealt with one? does it have anything to do with tone/sustain?

People tell me that string-thru increases sustain, but thats a load of poo if you actually think about it. i dont see it really doing anything different, and it seems rather simple and effective. if the 2500 + PRS guitars use them, they cant possibly suck right?
fight the power that be
my warlocks got a wrap around seems to be pretty decent, although the tuning pegs suck
Well the only thing i can find bad about them is lack of intonating each string, but the one i will be buying is the tone-pros one, where you CAN intonate each string.

The whole string-through body thing seems like an unnecesary step. the string stops vibrating at the bridge, clearly, so anything after that is basically useless, as much as people swear by it, i just did a test on two mahogany neck thru guitars with a JB in the bridge, and there is no difference.
fight the power that be
Quote by Guitarzan1143
Well the only thing i can find bad about them is lack of intonating each string, but the one i will be buying is the tone-pros one, where you CAN intonate each string.

The whole string-through body thing seems like an unnecesary step. the string stops vibrating at the bridge, clearly, so anything after that is basically useless, as much as people swear by it, i just did a test on two mahogany neck thru guitars with a JB in the bridge, and there is no difference.

I know, I never did get why people swear by that. I have a string thru, and honestly it doesn't make sense to me. Plus I can never get the string to go through the little hole, it pisses me off! Seriously, I restrung a FR equipped guitar (and set it up pretty well, mind you) for the first time, and I was less frustrated than I get when I'm sitting there for over a minute, trying to get the ****ing string to go through, only to do that 5 more times. I'd much rather have a stop bar or an floating bridge, idk, the more and more I string it the more and more I HATE having to do it lol.

But to answer your question, I have no idea what the effect would be, I'd assume they probably aren't much different from a stop-bar, and I guarantee you'll want the one with the ability to inotate the strings lol.
Quote by edusty2010
I know, I never did get why people swear by that. I have a string thru, and honestly it doesn't make sense to me. Plus I can never get the string to go through the little hole, it pisses me off! Seriously, I restrung a FR equipped guitar (and set it up pretty well, mind you) for the first time, and I was less frustrated than I get when I'm sitting there for over a minute, trying to get the ****ing string to go through, only to do that 5 more times. I'd much rather have a stop bar or an floating bridge, idk, the more and more I string it the more and more I HATE having to do it lol.

But to answer your question, I have no idea what the effect would be, I'd assume they probably aren't much different from a stop-bar, and I guarantee you'll want the one with the ability to inotate the strings lol.

why don't you put a stopbar on it then?
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
i love strings thru. i like the way it looks and theoretically, it should increase sustain. (more string contact directly onto the body as opposed to a stop piece holding onto the ball end.)

its all a matter of opinion i suppose
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
well, i think string thru might increase sustain because the strings push the saddles a lot more to the body, just a guess though...
Quote by jAzZMataZz
well, i think string thru might increase sustain because the strings push the saddles a lot more to the body, just a guess though...

But then it would depend on the angle of the strings to the stopbar?
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

████████████████████████████████████████████
A wraparound bridge will greatly increase sustain, even over a string-through bridge.

On the other hand, it's basically impossible to correctly intonate a wraparound, and many people find them uncomfortable to use with certain playing styles.