Okay, so our band had our first gig tonight. I was like "cool, I'm glad we're getting serious about this." And the ****in' thing was a complete bust. First of all, we were supposed to practice and we do...... for ten minutes. We would start, go for 10 minutes, then the lead guitarist will go do something else. so me (the rhythem guitarist) and the bassist are just sitting there ready to practice, the drummer's truck broke down, so he couldn't make it, and they want to go somewhere else and hang out. We all rode to the gig before the party started with the lead guitarist to practice that morning. We planned on practicing all day. So, when gig time came, we found a guy to fill in on drums. He sucked, bad. Then the lead guitarist decides to change the setlist. Now, our bassist is a newb, and only knows the songs we were going to use originally, which would of been fine, but the L G wanted change the setlist. so, we mess with an improvised blues lick to keep the people entertained, and it was crap. Then the LG decides to change the setlist again, but he not only wanted to do a different song, he wanted to write a whole new song, right then and there! This is where I went over the edge. I've known him since we were 6 or 7, and this is the first time I've ever gone off on him. I completely chewed him out telling him exactly how pissed I was about him dropping his pants in the middle of the driveway (don't ask) and acting like a ****ing retard when we were supposed to be practicing, then acting like a total dick at the gig. Then the ****ing bastard told me it was all my fault, that I didn't do any songwriting and that he was saving the gig. I told him to go to hell and left. Sorry for the wall of text, I just really needed to vent for a while longer after the bass player got tired of listening to me.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
jeez that MAJORLY sucks!! My heart goes out to u man. I woulda killed the slimy S***.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee
Quote by webbtje
You wish. She probably thinks you're a Stalin/Hitler hybrid... Stitler
In fact, from now on, I'm going to call you Stitler.

Quote by rushmore

it's always nice to find a new reason to smile
well why did the rest of the band let him change the setlist if you guys knew you couldn't play the new songs?

but that does suck I'd say kick him out, and find a new lead guy
Quote by sasquatch ass
dude i know how you feel. just eat his heart while he is asleep.

Meh, they tried that in the movies and it didn't work
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
I was pissed. The dude's been my best friend since like, 3rd grade. I never go off on anybody, I don't like to fight. When I got home, I called his Ex- girlfriend and told her what happened. He'll hear about it later.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by Showtime1990
you should bang his sister. ToTALLY ....

he doesn't have a sister
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by samick007
well why did the rest of the band let him change the setlist if you guys knew you couldn't play the new songs?

but that does suck I'd say kick him out, and find a new lead guy

the only other person that was there was the bassist, and he's a newb, so he just kept quiet. So, of couse I had to argue with him. Love the Dust in the Wind cover, btw.

EDIT: ****, I just triple posted without realizing it.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

That was really unprofessional of him.

Has he ever acted like this before?

If this was completely out of the blue you should find out to see if everything's alright in his life. If not, and he's been irresponsible before ,I think you're best not being in a band with him. However, you may want to give him another chance and tell him if he doesn't clean up his act you're not playing with him.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
He thought you could write a complete song that didn't sound like crap right there? What a retard...
"There is no hell. There is only France." - Frank Zappa