hey i wanna start teaching guitar for sum cash. im 15 years old been playin for 4 years now and i hate my job at publix so i wanna teach guitar. so how do i find student to teach
Advertise in the phone book. If you can't drive, you'll have to have your mom drive to you their houses. If you don't want to do that, they can come to yours. Charge 15 dollars for a 30 minute lesson.

And do it professionally, not some quick thrown-together curriculum. Plan your course out in advance.

Also, since you've only been playing for 4 years, only advertise to beginning and intermediate players.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Make advertisements. Ask around if anyone is looking to start learning. Simple as that.

Good Luck dude.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
ya i want it to be professional. i want to be a guitar teacher when i grow up so i guess this will be practice

Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Advertise in the phone book. If you can't drive, you'll have to have your mom drive to you their houses. If you don't want to do that, they can come to yours. Charge 15 dollars for a 30 minute lesson.

And do it professionally, not some quick thrown-together curriculum. Plan your course out in advance.

Also, since you've only been playing for 4 years, only advertise to beginning and intermediate players.
Put posts in semaphores, posts signs, walls, mailboxes...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

i teach kids around my neighborhood. most arent too serious, and i do 6$ every half hour.
it depends on where you live, and your students.
pretty cheap, so i get lots of business. end up making around 50 bucks a week, with pretty simple work. and i dont plan lessons ahead of time, we just kinda wing it, but the kids learn, you get paid, and thats all that matters.

id start off cheap, your bound to get more business that way as parents see it as a low cost commitment, and more likely to "enroll" their student whether or not they really have an aptitude for music.

and call people up, post fliers. eventually word of mouth will come into play. its kinda like getting work as a babysitter.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90