I have a Fender Strat with only 21 frets and I require 22 on some solos. Is there anyways I can get around this without having to change the song? Sorry is this question sounds stupid but I joined 2/3 months ago and only posted a couple times.
Try bending the string to make the note higher.

Thats how I would solve the problem.
Not a huge fan of bees
See,I'd do that, but the 22 note is a bend so if I did bend it then it'd only sound like a 22 without a bend, would a whammy bar help?
uhh bend up a half step more? Or do a prebend and bend however much you're supposed to after?
Quote by dk2
uhh bend up a half step more? Or do a prebend and bend however much you're supposed to after?

I've tried bending it as hard as I could its impossible to get the proper sound.
It's a half step bend, right? Just bend up the string half a step before you pick, then play the note so it'll sound as if it was really the 22nd fret. Then bend up another half step. Really, you'd just be doing a step bend.
just get over it the song cant be of godly status to you
(however if it is damn i dont know what you could do)
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
just play 21

or buy a neck with 22 frets on it

or bend a full step
I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself.

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished.
Hmm is the solo "Money" by Pink Floyd? Because I run into a similar problem with that song. You could play that section an octave lower but it wouldn't be quite the same.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
funny thing is i was thinking about this yesterday lol... i would assume to bend it a full step.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha