Hi, wanting to buy a new guitar to upgrade from a fender squier strat, and being a 16 year old dont have much more than 500 bucks. I was wondering if an ESP EC-50 is a good guitar, i dont really do any gigs just jam along to songs in my rumpus room. Here is the ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-ESP-LIMITED-EC-50-SERIES-CHERRY-ELECTRIC-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ190162327639QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33034QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Anyone who has one or knows someone with one, your views are welcome
It's not a ESP btw. Anyways LTDs under 400 aren't great for the money, but they are decent for the price.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
The Esp Ltd 50 series are more of a starter guitar. Unless u are tempted to put new pickups etc.
Quote by halvies
Hi, wanting to buy a new guitar to upgrade from a fender squier strat, and being a 16 year old dont have much more than 500 bucks. I was wondering if an ESP EC-50 is a good guitar, i dont really do any gigs just jam along to songs in my rumpus room. Here is the ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-ESP-LIMITED-EC-50-SERIES-CHERRY-ELECTRIC-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ190162327639QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33034QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Anyone who has one or knows someone with one, your views are welcome

i have the ec-50, and it's a VERY nice guitar for the money i paid for it, i play for 1.5 years now, and have this guitar for about 3/4 now, i'm very happy with it , the sound is awesome(if you compare it to my stratcrappy thing) even trough a crap amp it sounds good the frets aren't that "jumbo" but they are ok for me , the pickups are good enough, but i would replace them with emg's if you can afford it.
and, the inlay on the 12th fret is very nice, xD you will never forget what guitar you have what's your amp? that's kinda more important
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
IMO, I'd go with a mid range Ibanez (I think they make LP shaped guitars)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
No, Ltd's under 400-series is just not worth it, if you really want a Ltd EC go with the 400 or 500, but I would advise to go with a Epi LP Standard (not lower there either). The Epi Standards and Ltd 400+ is made of decent wood. Which not is the case with the EC-50 (recently upgraded to basswood from agathis, but it's a big risk that they still have the agathis ones in the stores, cheap basswood is not good either, but a bit better than agathis.) The one you're looking at is not so much better than you current guitar that it will be worth it if you ask me.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by SQHero
aren't great for the money, but they are decent for the price.
Doesn't anybody else see the huge glaring contradiction here?

Anyway. The older 50's aren't worth buying. They were all made with Agathis, and frankly, that made them suck. The newer 50's though are made with Basswood now, so they're all 'okay'.
look at a ibanez rg321mh.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10