Hey guys. well I'll have my Ceriatone 18w head and a Avatar 2x12 with greenbacks in about a month.

what else do I need? any suggestions on cables effects Guitars whatever.

I play a MIM strat that I modded the crap out of. I put a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and two stock singles in the middle and neck. I have locking tuners and all that stuff also.

I also play an LP with seymour duncna JB and Pearly gates. that also has lockers and all that.

so really I"m open to just about anything. I like my sound but I know it can be better.

I also am willing to pay up to 130 200 for effects and stuff and I can probably build most of what you suggest.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
sorry should have clarified. I play alot of classic rock boston, styx, eric clapton, Eric Johnson, Van halen. I play blues alot also. I want a nice crunch and a good clean also
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Got A EQ I might want a another. I have a delay also. I don't really need a tone of effects I just want my tone better.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Ok well ill advise some pedals for u the both will be made by boss The first one will be a chorus pedal for the nice clean sound that bluesy people can achieve

And a blues drivers pedal BD-2 for the lead licks, solos and possibly heavier riffs
Now just cruise to ur store and ask for them but give them a very long thorough work out ask the store manager to show u the best presets available

Also on ur amp i say u should set-up eq like for example
Treble 3-4
Mid 6-8
Bass 6-7

this would probly achieve a nice warm sound from ur amp
but keep tinkering with these setups

Any thing that i missed just asked

these should make a nicer sound for u and u will be able to achieve what u wish
Try some high end cables. Try something that cuts down on the distance your sound has to travel. For cables that go from amp to board and from board to amp, splurge on something that protects your tone.
I will be sure to try that and I do need a chorus. and another OD anyways.

good idea gimme a couple OD ideas lol. I'm handbuliding one of my own design and Have a SD-1 and plan on modding it. nad may have a BD-2 now also

also how about a sonic stomp any good?

any ideas on good patch cables and guitar cords?

colin I will definatly do that. any ideas on good brands?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I will look into those.

how is the sonic stomp?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
any other ideas guys? I know there are more ideas. I just don't know what lol.

so on my list.

Monser cables.
New OD. (possible a Blues driver)
Possibly a sonic stomp
anything else
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I think a Fulltone OCD would be a OD that would fit your style, and I wouldn't get the Boss Chorus pedal.

for a Chorus, I'd suggest:

Visual Sounds Liquid Chorus
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-V2-Series-V2LC-Liquid-Chorus-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=150482

Electro Harmonix Small Clone
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Small-Clone-Analog-Chorus-Pedal?sku=153312
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
is the OCD anything like the colorsounds overdrive?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
is the OCD anything like the colorsounds overdrive?

I hven't ever heard of the colorsounds overdrive, so I couldn't say one way or the other. All I know is that the OCD works as a good transparent boost, but can also add a good amount of extra dirt if you need it.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
I hven't ever heard of the colorsounds overdrive, so I couldn't say one way or the other. All I know is that the OCD works as a good transparent boost, but can also add a good amount of extra dirt if you need it.

I may be trying it out then
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era