It looks real, and nice too. I would go to their website and check the serial number, just to be sure though.
Looks real construction wise, though I've never seen them in that color before (that's probably just me being an idiot). I highly doubt it's fake.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Well, they have VS colors on musiciansfriend for epi LP customs.

Alright, thanks for the help guys.

If anyone has any other suspicion or comment, please post here. Thanks.
Well im sure its not fake.

it looks like there might be a slight red dimmed into the finish on the back.

if it is red, or anything like it, its NOT FACTORY. Red blended into black on an epiphone/gibson guitar is sure 100% sign of a cosmetic error that has been professionally fixed. A broken headstock refinish will always be a dark cherry red blended into the black (its so hard to match black colors that that is how its done).

i worked in a class-1 gibson repair facility for awile. thats how its done.
fight the power that be
Quote by Guitarzan1143
Well im sure its not fake.

it looks like there might be a slight red dimmed into the finish on the back.

if it is red, or anything like it, its NOT FACTORY. Red blended into black on an epiphone/gibson guitar is sure 100% sign of a cosmetic error that has been professionally fixed. A broken headstock refinish will always be a dark cherry red blended into the black (its so hard to match black colors that that is how its done).

i worked in a class-1 gibson repair facility for awile. thats how its done.

How did you get that job?????????????????????????????
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
Try this site... http://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx

Guitar Info
Your guitar was made at the
Qingdao Plant (Epiphone), China
June 2007
Production Number: 3816

Gibson Qingdao
The Gibson Qingdao Plant was opened in October 2002, Qingdao, China. It is the only plant run by Epiphone in Asia.Both acoustic and electric guitars are made here. The factory is dedicated to making Epiphone and only Epiphone guitars with the aim of producing higher quality guitars.

Looks legit to me....
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Is this the tobacco burst Epiphone on Ebay Australia?
Fake if so.
Looks like one of these in the Vintage sunburst color, I might have seen one in the store which looked great in person.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-Flametop-Electric-Guitar?sku=518321
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
well the gold looks kinda pale on the grover tuners,but otherwise,its real,i have a cherry sunburst one,plays & sounds well,but gold fades+ in my opinion,gold+Vintage sunburst is crap
Looks like it might be dodgy - if only for the fact that it's displayed the same way as most fakes are. The serial number means nothing, people have been cloning car registrations for years, it's even easier with guitars.

Simple test - if it's a lot cheaper than it should be, it's fake.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I would say real. The 'red' in the back is just being caused by chromatic aberrations in the camera lens when it's on wide-angle (yup, I'm a camera nerd as well as a Gibson/Epi nerd). Everything else looks exactly right too... bar one thing...

They ****ed up when they stole that serial number. No Custom should be made in China, if that serial number is 'correct'. All Epi LP Customs are made in the Korean factories.

So, that's a fake - a very, very good fake, but a fake none the less.
Quote by steven seagull
Looks like it might be dodgy - if only for the fact that it's displayed the same way as most fakes are. The serial number means nothing, people have been cloning car registrations for years, it's even easier with guitars.

Simple test - if it's a lot cheaper than it should be, it's fake.

Thats what I thought as well.

TS, what website are you buying it from just out of interest?
Im sure that the truss rod cover should only have 2 screws? Or is that Gibson only?
Quote by PCSpeaker
Im sure that the truss rod cover should only have 2 screws? Or is that Gibson only?

Yeah, that's Gibson only
Quote by ECwomantoneman
Yeah, that's Gibson only

I stand corrected!

Didnt know that..
Quote by ECwomantoneman
Yeah, that's Gibson only

...and MIJ Epiphones, which also have the proper Gibson "moustache" headstock.
Quote by Pikka Bird
...and MIJ Epiphones, which also have the proper Gibson "moustache" headstock.

trOOf

In this case it was kinda irrelevant tho =/

Btw if TS returns, what website was the guitar from?
Am I the only one that thinks the bridge looks odd?

The stop piece looks bigger than it should be... it's probably just me, though.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Am I the only one that thinks the bridge looks odd?

The stop piece looks bigger than it should be... it's probably just me, though.

I thought so too, now that you mention it. It also looks a little flatter than usual- the tailpiece is usually curved evenly back to front, but this one seems flattened.
Quote by bokuho
I would say real. The 'red' in the back is just being caused by chromatic aberrations in the camera lens when it's on wide-angle (yup, I'm a camera nerd as well as a Gibson/Epi nerd). Everything else looks exactly right too... bar one thing...

They ****ed up when they stole that serial number. No Custom should be made in China, if that serial number is 'correct'. All Epi LP Customs are made in the Korean factories.

So, that's a fake - a very, very good fake, but a fake none the less.

ah, bokuho.
could you please tell us now where the LP studio pics of yours are ?

sorry for the hijack, TS
If you ask me, it's fake.
Bridge is out of place compared to real epiphones. Binding is white, and not cream. Should have gold hardware, where as on the back picture of the serial, it looks silver. Everything on the headstock isn't aligned properly. And hell, they've even taken a picture of it in the whole 'studio picture facing left' as most other fakes.
If you plan on buying a Guitar off of ebay, but from the people that use a picture straight from the Epiphone or other brands website. Legally, only true distributors of the brand of guitar are allowed to use those pictures for sales.

Just skip on it, it's not worth it.

Edit: I used this picture for comparisons.
http://www.leadguitars.fr/images/epiphone-les-paul-custom-plus-vs-xxl.jpg
They've done the old "Stick the brochure in the picture" trick to, another "faker's trademark move".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
They've done the old "Stick the brochure in the picture" trick to, another "faker's trademark move".

Exactly.
Nice guitar! Looks real solid and sweeeeet.

Would anyone go through the trouble of forging an Epiphone? Just a thought.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Try this site... http://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx

Looks legit to me....

you know how easy it is to copy a serial number?

its displayed like a fake on those scam sites which kinda worried me, also the vol/tone knobs look a little out of place, as does the plastic cover on the back that covers the routing... might be to do with the angle though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by JackoMBA

Yes.
Why do you ask? Because there's more uneducated kids going for the Epiphones as they are cheaper than the Gibsons.
Quote by JackoMBA
Nice guitar! Looks real solid and sweeeeet.

Because people buying Epiphones are a lot less likely to be scrutinising it with a fine toothcomb.

Ebay is riddled with fake Epi's, they seem to be even more popular amongst the counterfeiters thatn Ibanezes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Looking at the headstock "epiphone" logo, it's placed wrong compared to my Epi LP standard. So, I say it's fake.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Looking at the headstock "epiphone" logo, it's placed wrong compared to my Epi LP standard. So, I say it's fake.
It's placed correctly for an Epi Custom though. That's the thing.

They got everything 99.9999% accurate, then they go and balls it up by stealing completely the wrong serial number.

Quote by The red Strat.
ah, bokuho.
could you please tell us now where the LP studio pics of yours are ?

sorry for the hijack, TS
We went through this what, seven threads ago now? If your memory is that **** then don't come crying to me.
No. All Epi LP Customs are Korean made.
Google is your friend.
EDIT: Someone beat me to it. Ah well.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
if it doesnt cost too much, it still looks like a nice guitar so go for it if you want to...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus I'm basing it off and I call fake. Knobs are slightly out of place, the tail stop looks too flat and the tuners look kinked. All pictures I see of the tuners the are in line with the gears, in those pics they look off center.
Hmm... I didn't think they came in that color. Bit strange.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
I say fake. Wouldnt the guitar come with a stock black epiphone case, and not the gibson style. And the serial number seems funky, too.