Hey guys,

I noticed that one of the screws which holds the bridge pickup up on my ESP EX-50 had ...disappeared somehow. Anyway I tried adjusting the screw which holds the other side of the pickup up but it was really loose and just fell out, so now the pickup is completely loose.

So now I have one of the screws and one of the springs, and I'm hoping that the other ones are inside beneath the pickup itself. I have no idea how to go about fixing this, I guess I'll have to take the strings off and maybe unscrew the whole pickup holding metal-thingy. And how does the screw and spring support the pickup? I have to idea where to put it. What else am I going to have to do? I have no clue about doing this.

Any help with this guys? Cheers
i would say the spring should be in the cavity.
the screw itself is probably long gone. but you can pick those up basically anywhere.
either take off the strings or loosen them. undo the 4 screws that surround the pickup ring and secure the assembly to the body [unless you can see into the cavity already]
Quote by stilleto
i would say the spring should be in the cavity.
the screw itself is probably long gone. but you can pick those up basically anywhere.
either take off the strings or loosen them. undo the 4 screws that surround the pickup ring and secure the assembly to the body [unless you can see into the cavity already]

Checked in the cavity and put the one screw and spring I have back in.

Other springs gone as well as the screw. Until I bother to find a way to get new ones (where the hell to start?) I've resorted to the awesome power of blue-tac. Sounds fine again, but I'm sure it'll fall back in soon.
This happened on my Ibanez Gio. The screw somehow unwound itself and then uhm...well the pup collapsed into the pickup cavity and I just took it in to get fixed. (Not just for that though, since it needed a minor setup as well). If you're afraid it will fall back in, take it to a pro.