Starting off should my hair be the same length all around? When I got it cut 2 months ago I got it a little longer on top so I could keep my bangs. Should I go somewhere to trim it/cut it so its the same length overall? Right now my hair kinda looks mushroomish (damnit) so maybe it will correct it.

What do you think? Maybe I should be something totally different, who knows.

EDIT: Thanks for your advice but I still need to know one thing. Should I go cut it so it the same length all around. No body has answered that yet lol.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Last edited by SOCOOLITHURTS at Apr 20, 2008,
They thinned out the top, but left the sides long, it gets rid of the mushroom like appearance
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
They thinned out the top, but left the sides long, it gets rid of the mushroom like appearance

How do they thin it? Does that mean they cut it shorter or what?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
shave everything down, not a sign of hair

then start growing it and dont trim or cut or anything at all, just take good care of it
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
thinning keeps the length but reduces the volume... they basically cut soem of the hair on the inside making the hair look "thinner"
Quote by Powerhouse
I know for a fact that UFO's exist because I was abducted by one when I was 12 and they took me to your anus.

Quote by Greenday389
You know you are a bassist when you are wanted more than you are respected.
yea dude, as you're letting it grow, I'd keep getting it thinned on the sides and maybe the back every once in awhile so you don't get like a bowl cut look going
Quote by ASITHOS
yea dude, as you're letting it grow, I'd keep getting it thinned on the sides and maybe the back every once in awhile so you don't get like a bowl cut look going

What? How would that keep my head from being mushroomish?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Well I'm not sure about your hair texture or anything, but I think if you got a bit of choppy layers going throughout your hair the mushroom effect would go away and it would bring some volume back to the top.

What's your hair like? Straight? Curly? Wavy? Thick? Thin? Come on, I need more information.

Everyone goes through a shit phase when they're starting to grow their hair out. Bowl cut, mushroom, whatever - it's hard to avoid unless you want to keep going to get it thinned and whatnot. I never bothered, so if you can't be bothered either, then don't worry about it. Once you get past the **** phase noone will remember how ridiculous you looked anyway. Provided you don't take pictures that is.

Don't have it cut the same length all the way round. It'll look silly, especially when it's shorter than shoulder length. You'll just have a bowl cut thing going on if it's all the same length. Which isn't what you want. You might want to look into getting it layered aswell.
Quote by Hannakins
Well I'm not sure about your hair texture or anything, but I think if you got a bit of choppy layers going throughout your hair the mushroom effect would go away and it would bring some volume back to the top.

What's your hair like? Straight? Curly? Wavy? Thick? Thin? Come on, I need more information.

My hair is thick and wavy. The longer it get, the more curly/wavy it gets.

What is layering exactly?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by Discouraged
Everyone goes through a shit phase when they're starting to grow their hair out. Bowl cut, mushroom, whatever - it's hard to avoid unless you want to keep going to get it thinned and whatnot. I never bothered, so if you can't be bothered either, then don't worry about it. Once you get past the **** phase noone will remember how ridiculous you looked anyway. Provided you don't take pictures that is.

Don't have it cut the same length all the way round. It'll look silly, especially when it's shorter than shoulder length. You'll just have a bowl cut thing going on if it's all the same length. Which isn't what you want. You might want to look into getting it layered aswell.

yeah, there's no way to avoid the ****ty stage. just grimace through it. especially if you have thick or curly hair, it needs to be pretty long before it's weighed down and symetrical. of course, if your school frowns upon long hair, you might end up spending years with it at a stupid length, like me.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
i don't know. u could go either way. same length the whole way vs bangs. depends on the person. I need pics to decide if its right for u
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.