I got given a "Torch" guitar on Friday, a cheap strat rip off , seeing as it cost me zero & it has a hard case i had a look at it & found when whoever did the (spraycan) paint job with no clear or buffing, had wired the output jack up with the shield to the tip & the hot to the ring , backwards in other words. I corrected this & was surprised by a quite reasonable guitar very little hum. So i figured what did it look like under the paint.
The paint you could peel with a fingernail. so i took it back to its bare "laminated" self . Yes a cheap construction couldnt even afford solid timber. but the laminations intthe timber are captivating with a little oil rubbed in.

Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
I know plywood is never highly regarded for guitar bodies, but it does look quite nice sometimes!
Well neocaligatio i thought at least this guitar isnt pretending to be anything but what it is,NOW, i.e. a cheap laminated guitar , the fact that it is really nice to play, great neck, & the pups arnt too bad, not as good as my strat but considering there is more than a $1000 difference in what they each cost originally , it aint far behind it.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
here is the best shot i have of it
Looks like a body of a guy arms crossed & a skull type head to me.
What about you?
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
yeah thats what it looks like too me, thats pretty interesting, haha. ive never found anything sweet under my finishes. when i start custom building for people im going to put things under the finishes such as "congratulations, you now have aids" or something. or go superbad style and just draw wangs all over it
fight the power that be
There's something about that guitar which I really really like.
I'm a sucker for unpainted guitars, though, so yeah.
You should do it up beyond all recognition, that'd be ahhhhhhhhhhwsum.
Quote by Dix_Fix
here is the best shot i have of it
Looks like a body of a guy arms crossed & a skull type head to me.
What about you?

looks like an old school desk tops that people would draw on.
It does have the "school desk" theme going on doesnt it. Mind you if the drawing had have been in better perspective , I was tempted to highlight it & leave it there. better question is whether anyone recognises the artwork as theirs.
LOL
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!