Page 1 of 4
Mine is the increasingly popular "White Walls" by Between the Buried and Me.

Amazing album, AMAZING ending.

Just the fantastic solo, then everything quiets down, and you think "That was great. "
Then the piano comes in the the simple arpeggios, and ends on the big major chord arpeggio, and you're just like ""

Then that one last low root note. Perfect.

Best possible ending.
That whole album seemed perfectly planned out.

Anyways, enough fanboy-ism!

What's your favourite ending to an album?
Gore AND Core; unite!
Last edited by Daisy_Ramirez_ at Aug 8, 2008,
I always liked the microwave pinging at the end of 'OK Computer' By Radiohead

Also, anyone else noticed with OK Computer, the last songs chorus is 'Idiot, slow down' and the first song is about a car crash
meh... probably going to get flamed for this,
but I like the ending track on Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance.
The song "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living."
It's dark, and the lyrics give a very nice closure to the album's concept story.

That's the only one I can think of right now....

OH and "The Lords of Salem", ending track from Rob Zombie's Educated Horses.
Loved that one.
"You'd stick your head in fire if I told you that you could see Hell"- Otis, House of 1000 Corpses
Quote by .6.bullets.
meh... probably going to get flamed for this,
but I like the ending track on Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance.
The song "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living."
It's dark, and the lyrics give a very nice closure to the album's concept story.

*Preapres massive flamethrower sale*

As for me, It's the ending of Tommy. Epic ****e.
Third Eye - Tool :-)

EDIT: also AFI always have wicked endings to their albums. The ending songs to Black Sails, Art of Drowning and Sing the Sorrow are fantastic.
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Last edited by 123-Trav at Apr 20, 2008,
*Preapres massive flamethrower sale*

it's inevitable goddamnit
"You'd stick your head in fire if I told you that you could see Hell"- Otis, House of 1000 Corpses
"open your eyes Nicholas"
nuff said.
dream theater is the shizz
Metropolis pt 2 for the win
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
Third Eye - Tool

I concur.
ending of Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight
(Pushing Me Away and The Little Things Give you Away respectively)
haha just noticed, Me Away and You Away
not so much because of the song quality, but the way they end off the album. Little Things sort of fades out throughout the length of the song, giving it a Fade to Black kind of ending. Pushing Me Away is just a cool way to end an album. Numb, the ending for Meteora wasnt as good. probably better than Little Things and about as good as Pushing Me Away but not suited for an album ending.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Blackwater Park - Opeth

I like the ending of the Deliverance, with that huge chord that they knicked from the Beatles (the end of Sgt Pepper)
Two that come to mind for my favourites:
on the brink - coheed's finale on the latest cd, and matchbook by strung out - such a great final song on their twisted by design album, I think I've loved that song since I was about 16.
"Hey its that Barbeques over sound again!"
Quote by 123-Trav

EDIT: also AFI always have wicked endings to their albums. The ending songs to Black Sails, Art of Drowning and Sing the Sorrow are fantastic.

indeed.

flu - peculiar
end song: the dream (song also available from a release by Out OF Your Mouth)
good album (if you dont know them, the singer is that from neurosonic)
marillion, the album seasons end, every song on this album fits perfect, and the last song just wraps it up
Quote by Erkus
Two that come to mind for my favourites:
on the brink - coheed's finale on the latest cd, and matchbook by strung out - such a great final song on their twisted by design album, I think I've loved that song since I was about 16.

Yeah? I'm a massive Coheed fan and i was actually somewhat disappointed in the ending...
Quote by Nutman69

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
while were talking about coheed, I robot.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by staticoverdub
while were talking about coheed, I robot.

Yeah that still gives me chills sometimes.

O and i think that in the story they're actually called IRO-Bots. Just to complicate things :-)
Quote by Nutman69

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
I think it's cool when bands start and end with similarly themed songs.

Eg.

Fightstar - Grand Unification

Track 1 is titled To Sleep
The last track is titled Wake Up and the last two words of the song are "to sleep".

Deftones - White Pony

Track 1. Back to School (Mini Maggit)
Last track - Pink Maggit

Then you get endings which are just epic, like Biffy Clyro - Now the Action is on Fire!

QOSTA - A Song for the Deaf would be an amazing end to that album if they didn't go and shove bonus tracks after it.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Last edited by weemansyndrome at Apr 21, 2008,
"Blackwater Park" - Blackwater Park - Opeth
"Epilogue" - My Arms, Your Hearse - Opeth
"The End" - The Poison - Bullet For My Valentine
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

The ending of the hidden song of the Gravedancer - Velvet revolver!!!!

when Scott says Yeaahaaaaahohlhoaaaa.....................
maybe the last chorus to conjugal burns off bedlam in goliath. when the vocals come back after the talk box... i came.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I just remembered, the hidden track at the end of Open Your Mind by The Music is EPIC.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
The end of Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother. If you have the original LP, the last track, "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" ends with dripping water that will go on forever, if you allow it.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Best ending ever is between Appetite For Destruction - Rocket Queen which has one of the most epic-ist outros i have ever heard.

And Weezer's Blue album with the 7 minute long solo for Only in Dreams, which owns ass.

Both albums have awesome opening songs too so if you put them on repeat you can listen over and over.
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
"Isnt this were..." Best ever ending to an album. An e-cookie to whoever tells me what album ends with those words.
sxrt from bloc party's latest is pretty breath taking imo
when it quietens down to just the xylophone you're just like ahhhh
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Moth on Revelations by Audioslave. It just sounds so amazing and is just one of the most perfect ways to end an album.
The end of The Used's album Lies For The Liars has this weird little techno thing. I like it, it's a surprise and it shows the personality of the band. It's adorable.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Ok I know its a greatest hits so it probley doesn't count but:
Stairway to Heaven-Mother Ship (Disc 1) Led Zep
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt by The Mars Volta.

Seriously.

Or how the end of Cassandra Gemini was the same to Cygnus Vismund Cygnus on Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta. That was pretty sweet as well.

Oddly enough TS, I was listening to White Walls when I opened this thread. 0_o
Come know me in a different light, come know me as God.
Dusk in Racecar... by Reuben. Nice and haunting.

Also And All Things Will End by A7X on Waking The Fallen. Fantastic alum, alot of atmosphere
Quote by GooseMcShred
Best ending ever is between Appetite For Destruction - Rocket Queen which has one of the most epic-ist outros i have ever heard.

Ohh yeah forgot I forgot that.......
Quote by Colgate Total
Call of the Ktulu

Call of Ktulu*
Agreed though, that was an awesome song and a perfect way to finish off that album.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Incubus' morning view, I love Aqueous Transmission!
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
A Short History of Nearly Everything - Reuben

Off of In Nothing We Trust.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Farewell And Goodnight to finish off Mellon Collie, absolutely beautiful. Not to mention Grace, ending on Forget Her. Breathtaking.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Page 1 of 4