ok,so i've got a tiny question...

pedals enhance the stuff like chorus and distortion,overdrive etc...right?

so,when you equip a pedal to an amp,does it enhance what the amp is capable of? or does it add a whole new sound to the amp?

so for example,i equip a distortion pedal to a crappy amp...will the pedal just enhance the crappy distortion the amp has,or does it add a whole new punchy distortion to the amp?
The overall quality of the amp will always affect the sound quality of the pedal. Like, a Big Muff will sound much better through a Fender Bassman or whatever than though a 10-watt Epiphone practice amp. So it's in a sense doing both: adding a whole new sound, and enhancing the amp's sound. But then it all depends on the pedal, too. For instance, a distortion pedal will add its own pre-programmed sound, while an OD pedal relies more on the settings of the amp to drive the tubes, etc.

Hope that makes as much sense to you as it does to my brain at 2:33 AM
If you're adding pedals, there are a couple of things to look at on your amp. Does it have an effects loop? If so, do you know how to use it? If it doesn't, the order you put your pedals in can sometimes give you different results. You may also have to reset your Gain and B/M/T, to compensate for a "hot" pedal.

Everyone has different stuff. How you put it together is up to you. Figure out what works with your rig. I used to be a pedal maniac, but I've cut way back. In fact, for the most part I've gone naked lately. I made a decision to stop relying too heavily on the toys.