I got a new guitar for Christmas and my old one is just sorta... Sitting there gathering dust.

I'm just wondering what i should do with it.
Its got a very nice sounding neck pickup (Single coil) So i might stick it in my neck pickup slot on my new guitar (Humbucker but if i get some pickup covers it shouldn't look very bad right?)

Its got a few chips in the paint but its black so i can get a black texta and fill in the chips (its not very noticeable) and i could sell it along with the little amp that came with it.

Or i could just keep it...

What do you think?
the thing about low end guitars esp used is that they have little if no resale value. so in the case you did decide to sell it with the amp you wouldn't make more than 90 dollars depending on the guitar. if you wished i assmued you could put the single coil pickup into your new guitar. im assuming your old one is a strat copy and your new one is a humbucker/humbucker guitar, if that's the case you would need to pay to have your new guitar routed out for the single coil in the neck.
What is your old guitar, and what is your new one?

Just keep it, and use it for a different tuning that you use regularly.

I had the same problem with my first ever guitar, so I just tuned it to open G, and use it for slide.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Oudy
the thing about low end guitars esp used is that they have little if no resale value. so in the case you did decide to sell it with the amp you wouldn't make more than 90 dollars depending on the guitar. if you wished i assmued you could put the single coil pickup into your new guitar. im assuming your old one is a strat copy and your new one is a humbucker/humbucker guitar, if that's the case you would need to pay to have your new guitar routed out for the single coil in the neck.

Yea my olkd one is a strat copy and my new one is a HH explorer (ESP EX-50)

So how much is it to get routed for the single coil? I dont know much about pickups and stuff but i was thinking ust stick it in there and put a humbucker pickup cover on it so it will look like a humbucker =P
Keep it, you never know when you might need a backup plus as has been said, if it's a low end guitar it's really not worth anything second hand.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Eat it.
Thats right. ****ing eat it.

or
burn it
sell it
pimp it
keep it
smash it
paint it
give it away
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Ifu dont use it,its a waste.Use it for alt. tunings.Dismantle it and buy some new parts to make it cool again.Worst comes to worst........hang it on the wall as decoration and let it rot...
trade it for a bag of chocolate cookies and give me the cookies
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by the_poison125
Yea my olkd one is a strat copy and my new one is a HH explorer (ESP EX-50)

So how much is it to get routed for the single coil? I dont know much about pickups and stuff but i was thinking ust stick it in there and put a humbucker pickup cover on it so it will look like a humbucker =P

It wouldn't work that way, it would be a lot easier to go to a guitar tech and ask them to put a coilsplit in the neck pickup (basically if you are unfamiliar with this idea, it uses one coil of the humbucker instead of both of them, which gives you a single coil LIKE sound [before anyone omes in and says OMFG U LIE IT DOESNT SOUND EXACTL LYK A SNIGLE COIL, it doesn't it sounds LIKE one).

Generally, i've never had a single coil neck pickup put into a guitar with a humbucker routing, i believe they would have to fill up the pickup cavity somehow (since im not really aware of a pickup ring that would fit a single coil like that).

A way cheaper option than routing out the body as i mentioned above would be to have a coil split mod put in your neck humbucker, which again makes it sound more reminisent of a single coil, but not really exactly like it, there are some pickups that do it better than others and im pretty sure the esp lh-150 humbuckers wouldn't be the best. you could also maybe take it to a tech and have the neck pickup wired in paralell so it sounds more single coil like.

these are just a few ideas, if you don't understand some this i'd be happy to explain it a bit more