is cannabis good for u or is it really as bad for u as many ppl say, it releives stress so why does it get such bad press
It's certainly not gonna make you live longer....

edit: I ****ing hate these threads. Move it to the drug thread plz. I'm sure there's a huge discussion there.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
It is bad for you.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by skilly1
is cannabis good for u or is it really as bad for u as many ppl say, it releives stress so why does it get such bad press

Because smoking ANYTHING is bad for your lungs.

Because it has got harmful chemicals in it (more than cigarettes) But an average smoker will smoke like a pack a day and an average stoner wont smoke nearly as much.

But weed dosnt have a chemical in it that is addicting. although anything can be addictive (Suger is a good example.)

Id say weed is sorta the same as cigarettes and booze in terms of how harmful it is.
you don't smoke it because its good for you
you smoke it because it gets you hiiiiiigh

but its probably much easier on you than, lets say a night of binge drinking
Last edited by seljer at Apr 20, 2008,
Quote by the_poison125
Because smoking ANYTHING is bad for your lungs.

Because it has got harmful chemicals in it (more than cigarettes) But an average smoker will smoke like a pack a day and an average stoner wont smoke nearly as much.

But weed dosnt have a chemical in it that is addicting. although anything can be addictive (Suger is a good example.)

Id say weed is sorta the same as cigarettes and booze in terms of how harmful it is.

Then you'd be greatly misinformed.

In general, no, cannabis isn't bad for you. At least, not in lethal terms.
Of course, inhaling smoke from a burnt substance will affect your lungs.
And as someone else said, Drug Thread.
Or even better
WWW.EROWID.ORG
Spiral Out
Cannabis upto 1970 was remedial.
Now its not cannabis its skunk. Skunk is grown under UV lights, mutating it and now it causes schizophrenia. Good luk with that!
Quote by dawson_monkey
Now its not cannabis its skunk. Skunk is grown under UV lights, mutating it and now it causes schizophrenia. Good luk with that!

you know the sun shines out a good portion of UV?
Quote by dawson_monkey

Last time i checked the sun also gave of UV radiation.

Fail.
Its bad for you. Can cause mental illness. And then ull have to be taking pills for the rest of life your life.
how does it cause schizophrenia, thats just a term made up for ppl who r already mad.
Quote by dawson_monkey

All drugs have the potential to cause mental health problems in certain individuals, even alcohol and cigarettes.
Even now cannabis can't "cause" schizophrenia, it can only trigger it in those who are genetically predisposed to it.

EDIT: Like all drugs, cannabis can be harmful if taken to excess, and particularly to teenagers, whose brains are still developing. Inhaling smoke is obviously not good for your lungs.

Also if someone says the gateway theory i will rape them.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Last edited by Jakeylee111 at Apr 20, 2008,
Good for you? Of course. It works wonders with all diseases, and those who smoke it never die. That's why it's illegal.
weed is friggin awesome. id rather be stoned than drunk any day, especially today on 4:20

it is NOT a gateway drug, and nobody has ever died from smoking cannabis.

also, its impossible to binge on weed, because after about 3 good joints you are literally unable to smoke any more anyway, youre so stoned that its just too much effort to roll another doob. you cant even be bothered to turn the tv off, which is why you will end up watching cartoons so you can look at the bright colours and say "yehhhh man im trippin"

all you weed bashers out there who think it gives u schizophrenia can lick my balls. weed is awesome, but i would never smoke skunk, just normal weed.

skunk is giving weed a bad name, and making people wanna reclassify weed to a B. **** you idiots, why not just make skunk a class B and legalise cannabis.

either way, ill still get high, whether its legal or not, because herb is the healing of the nation, it gives you a little time for yourself, its a medicine, it grows naturally, its a HERB..

stfu and smoke some weed
-------
Gear:
-------

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Washburn D-10 Acoustic
Santos Martinez SM-650 Classical
Marshall AVT 50 Valvestate 2000
Line 6 Pod XT
drug thread
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.