or anything else similar in pricerange

just for general overdrive, preferably for a good rhythm sound, as the overdrive on my fender HRD is wayyy to muddy leads im not too fussed about as i have my big muff for all the extra solo muscle

i play garage indie and blues with a rickenbacker copy into a fender hot rod deluxe

cheers ug
Why not try a Boss Blues driver?
BD is prolly a good bet

i want pics of your guitar too >.>
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
It depends which you prefer really. A bad monkey will sound very similar to a tubescreamer, whereas an SD-1 is a far more transparent pedal, that won't colour your tone so much.

In this case, I'd rather have the Bad Monkey. I find the SD-1 works far better as a boost.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
I'd go for the SD-1 if you want to use it as a standalone OD, the Bad Monkey is great for adding a little extra to your amp's dirt but on its own it's so-so. The Boss isn't brilliant either but it's better.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
yea ive had a look at the blues driver, im considering it

is it worth the extra money?

i just want a simple bog standerd overdive, some bluesyness would be nice

this is mainly for like rhythm though as i use my big muff for extra solo boost

just the overdrive on my HRD is so crappy, the cleans are beautiful though lol
Quote by lefthandman9876
yea ive had a look at the blues driver, im considering it

is it worth the extra money?

i just want a simple bog standerd overdive, some bluesyness would be nice

this is mainly for like rhythm though as i use my big muff for extra solo boost

just the overdrive on my HRD is so crappy, the cleans are beautiful though lol

Well, If you want something a bit cheaper, and a little more tweakable, try the Digitech Screamin Blues. When I suggested the BD, I hadn't played the Screamin Blues. I put them right up against each other and decided on the Screamin Blues. Played them through a Peavey Delta Blues, and they sound similar. The BD has a bit more gain though, if that is what you want. I run a similar setup as you and play similar styles.
yea i looked at the sb but didnt like the soundbites digitech offered, i think im gonna go with the bd2, ive got enough money and im getting my american tele next week so i think il go for it, ive read enough reviews and watched tones of videos and such, im sure itl be fine for what i want, hey and if not theres always ebay
I really suggest that you try them out side by side, because they sound really similar. I got the SB because I liked the 2 band eq, and I use it to clean up the muddiness of my amp, while still getting low end response. The BD-2 has one tone knob, so it's a little more difficult to dial in that sweet spot. Both are great options though. I use it as a solo boost and my Muff as a rhythm though.
cool i might if i can get the opportunity, i tried using my big muff for rhythm but i just find it too full on, i use it like jack white style with it as a boost for heavy bits and solos, its provides that classic fuzzy sound, i just want a general overdrive for rhythm.
Sounds good. Good luck!
I'm glad that I have been classified as 'smarter than the average UGer'
Honestly, I don't think the BD-2 is a very good pedal. Stock I found it shrill, thin, non-transparent, and harsh with a fizzy decay. I modded mine to Keeley specs and it's pretty transparent and a little smoother sounding but it still has that ratty decay which may not be fixable. I don't really like stock BD-2's or SD-1's but I think the SD-1 is a much better deal.

I've never tried the Digitech pedals so I can't comment, but there's my take on Boss OD's. Good luck
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...